Dyson V15 Detect Absolute showing signs of poor quality after 6 months | Dyson Community

Dyson V15 Detect Absolute showing signs of poor quality after 6 months

• 5 September 2023
  • 4 replies

I purchased a V15 at the of march this year, so 6 moths ago, today I noticed the rubber grommet that helps seal the unit is showing signs of distress, after just 6 months!!

I don't believe this is impacting on the quality of suction etc, but for the cost of the machine I don't

expect to see these signs so shortly after purchase 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

This isn’t anything new. They’ve been flaking away here for years sadly! It’s the over trim of the seal between the cyclone and the cylinder. Whilst it won’t impact the suction, it does look ghastly! Dyson won’t replace it, unless it impacts the operation.

Yep. Confirmed. This was on mine, until my OCD wife picked it off. Looks a lot better. 

It's pretty poor designing from Dyson, a company that constantly suggest excellence, they certainly charge for excellence, but alas fail to give it. Come on Dyson, sort this issue out. 

It's pretty poor designing from Dyson, a company that constantly suggest excellence, they certainly charge for excellence, but alas fail to give it. Come on Dyson, sort this issue out. 

Cosmetic. As it doesn’t impact the use of the vacuum, they won’t replace it. It isn’t covered under their warranty terms. Agree that it doesn’t look great, but the vacuum will still function.