Dyson V6 Absolute orange light only with motorhead brush on carpet | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V6 Absolute orange light only with motorhead brush on carpet

• 26 August 2023
  • 3 replies

My V6 Absolute is now about seven years old and has been maintained but never replaced the battery.

After the last thorough cleaning of the filters and attachments, we have noticed that the main motorhead brush will cause the V6 to flash an orange light after a few seconds of being used on carpet.

All other attachments including the mini motorhead work fine, and the main motorhead even works on hard floors.

My initial thought is that there is increased suction power again since the filters and parts were thoroughly cleaned, the main motorhead is the most power hungry attachment, and vacuuming carpet is more intensive than hard floor because of how the suction grabs the fibres etc. We definitely noticed an increased suction and pickup this time around. We do not use it in MAX mode when this happens.

The only part which has not been fully cleaned is the cyclone itself. I can tell this is still fairly dusty and I wonder if there’s a clog there. Alternatively, if power isn’t getting to the main motorhead due to dirty contacts.

I know batteries don’t last for ever but in other respects it does still seem to provide a reasonable length of cleaning using other attachments. It charges and I don’t think there are any problems with the wall charger. I don’t want to pay for a new battery if this is not the issue, but likewise I’d like to be able to use the motorhead as the mini motorhead takes much longer to clean large areas of carpet. When the unit flashes orange there is no obvious sign that the battery has overheated. Would there be a similar warning if the motor in the attachment itself is burning out? No smells or anything like that.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Cleaning out the cyclone shouldn’t be an issue once I can find the ‘spudger’ to unclip it and clean it out. I’d like to think it’s something this simple.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 29 August 2023, 10:14

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Hi @londonblue 

Thank you for raising this with us.

An amber light will show or flash if the machine is operating outside of its normal working temperature and the machine may stop working.

An amber light may also show when charging, this light will go out once the machine is fully charged.

After reading your enquiry the best solution would be to replace the cleaner head. You can contact our customer service team to have this looked into.

If they can not resolve the issue, they will transfer you to one of our service engineers.

Please continue this conversation through our WhatsApp channel, then one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thanks.

The orange light has started showing when using other attachments and it takes far longer than the 3.5 hours to charge, even when not fully depleted. It also gets quite warm during operation which it didn’t before. As the battery is now over six years old and affecting all use I now suspect this is the required replacement.

The orange light has started showing when using other attachments and it takes far longer than the 3.5 hours to charge, even when not fully depleted. It also gets quite warm during operation which it didn’t before. As the battery is now over six years old and affecting all use I now suspect this is the required replacement.

Batteries cost anywhere between $75 - $100. Might be time for an update instead (Wink Wink).