Dyson V6 - Replacement Batteries not working - Suggestions? | Dyson Community

Dyson V6 - Replacement Batteries not working - Suggestions?

• 23 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi Dyson Family,

I’ve recently replaced my Dyson V6 with 2 new batteries, and both have failed to resolve the issue I’m having. I’ve done an extremely deep clean; I have removed the charger from the dock & plugged the pin securely + directly; changed outlets and installed/tested 2x brand new batteries - both are not working with the exception of the initial run immediately after installation.

The new battery initiates a pull for 5 seconds before cutting off and will only work again for another 5 seconds after inserting back to charge for a second, and removing. Blue light stays constantly on while on charge, never turns off, even after overnight charging. Blinking red light after cutoff suggests battery issue, but this is happening with 2x brand new batteries? Both batteries worked fine for a few minutes after installation but never again. 

Very odd situation and I can’t figure out what is the underlying cause, let alone what else can be done to fix.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated as I’ve done & tried everything available on the net/YouTube so far…

Thanks!

5 replies

Hello @forza_rossoneri 

I'm sorry that you're having issues with charging your battery. The charge could possibly not be making a full connection. This post will have you check off if there is something you missed. My Cordless vacuum cleaner’s battery isn’t charging, what can I do?

If the light still isn’t sustained, it could indicate an issue with the charge. To ensure this is the case, please follow the online Troubleshooting option on the local Dyson website. Simple use our Guides and manuals link, selecting your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. 

If the light is sustained, wait the adequate time to charge your model and retest the machine.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5

If you’ve replaced the battery and it’s still happening, the next component would either be the charger or trigger mechanism. I’d recommend visiting their online diagnostics to make sure. 

Taken from another page:

“”

Dyson online Troubleshooting option is designed to accurately diagnose these lights, and provide a resolution. To get started, simple use our Guides and manuals link, selecting your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. 

If you’ve replaced the battery and it’s still happening, the next component would either be the charger or trigger mechanism. I’d recommend visiting their online diagnostics to make sure. 

Taken from another page:

“”

Dyson online Troubleshooting option is designed to accurately diagnose these lights, and provide a resolution. To get started, simple use our Guides and manuals link, selecting your machine from the options available and navigate through to the ‘Troubleshooting’ page. 

I have multiple chargers that I know work as I can charge other Dyson V6’s without issue, so I’m assuming it must be a malfunction in the trigger mechanism since both new batteris don’t work at all now.

One of the new batteris has the blue light on constantly whilst plugged, doesn’t work when diconnected (red blinking). The other new batter doesn’t show any blue light when plugged in anymore and seems to be completely dead. 

I’m starting to think there may be some kind of short circuit in the actual device. Seems like a total loss, unless anyone has experienced the same and found a solution - Dyson guides & manuals certainly does not as I’ve thoroughly searched with no success.

Are both the batteries genuine dyson parts? if not, that might be where the issue lies. I’ve hear of horror stories of parts non-official parts just breaking down after a week or arriving broken out the box. Either way, the sound like their faulty. I’d swap them out for something new. 

There’s only three components with electrical elements, the battery, charger and handle/trigger. You could try replacing the trigger part as well as the battery. The dyson diagnostics might help - https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/journey/troubleshooting/208179-01/power-or-electrical-issue-125542/machine-will-not-turn-on-346489

Hello @forza_rossoneri 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community.

So sorry that you are experiencing this with your Dyson V6™. With a cordless machine, if you have already replaced your battery and charger and there is still a power or charging issue, then you need to consider looking into replacing your main body.

I have added a troubleshooting guideline for you to do a few checks here

If the steps hasn't resolved your issues I would recommend contacting us via our WhatsApp platform and and one of our representatives will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Regards,