How can I get help troubleshooting an issue with my Dyson V11 Animal vacuum? | Dyson Community
Solved

How can I get help troubleshooting an issue with my Dyson V11 Animal vacuum?

• 3 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I’ve had my vacuum since June of 2020 and recently when using the main vacuum motorhead, the brush stops spinning. It still picks up but not on carpet/rugs because it won’t spin. I’ve spent hours troubleshooting and cleaning all the pieces. I borrowed my in-laws motorhead to try it with our vacuum and it still didn’t work so I went ahead and ordered a new main body/cyclone. Using the new body with our motorhead, it still didn’t work! However it did work with my in-laws motorhead so now I have no idea which piece needs to be replaced or if I should just give up and purchase a brand new vacuum since we are out of warranty now. 

(Moderation edit - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 4 December 2023, 13:49

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @eemurphy88,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the issue with your Dyson V11™ cordless vacuum. As you’ve already tried troubleshooting and replacing parts, the best next step would be to run through troubleshooting with the help of our experts. We’d want to avoid you having to purchase any additional replacement parts that aren’t needed to get your machine up and running again.

The quickest way to get in touch is to Live Chat with us on Dyson.com. Click the purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant, then click the agent icon in the bottom left hand corner of the window to speak directly with the team. If experts aren’t available, this most likely means all agents are currently busy helping other shoppers and owners, so please do try again with them later.

Hope this helps!

Thanks Jack! I’ve actually already done this twice and the first time they recommended a replacement part that would not have solved the issue. That’s why I’m coming here to see if anyone else has had this issue