How do I maintain my Dyson Fluffy Optic soft roller cleaner head? | Dyson Community
Solved

How do I maintain my Dyson Fluffy Optic soft roller cleaner head?

• 6 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Hey there.

I want to clean Laser Fluffy head from the hair and I need to know what screwdriver size do I need? V12 Slim

(Moderation edit - title updated)

icon

Best answer by Jack 7 December 2023, 15:54

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Fil09,

Welcome to the Dyson Community and thanks for your question!

We have to advise that dismantling your Dyson Fluffy Optic™ soft roller cleaner head any further than shown in the User guide can invalidate any remaining Dyson warranty cover - meaning future repairs or replacement parts could be chargeable.

In normal use, you shouldn’t need to remove any Torx screws to complete maintenance. Instead we’d suggest regularly checking for and removing any wrapped hair or obstructions - the clear roller housing lets you see when this needs to be done - and washing the soft roller. This is the quickest and easiest way to remove hair, and makes sure it doesn’t find its way further into the drive mechanism:

Hope this helps! If you’re concerned your Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ vacuum doesn’t seem to be working as well as it should be, let us know as we should be able to offer some advice.