My Cordless V11 isn't accepting a replacement filter, what should I try? | Dyson Community

My Cordless V11 isn't accepting a replacement filter, what should I try?

• 27 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I recently bought replacements for the filter for my v11 stick vacuum (figured it’d be nice to have one ready to go after cleaning the other), but for some reason it just isn’t working with the replacement. It flashes the light with the word “filter”, like if I try running it without the filter.

I’m *pretty* sure the spares should be working. To my eye, they’re absolutely identical. Only difference I can see is that the one that came with it had a little Part ID scancode and the spare didn’t.
Any idea what could be going on?

(Edited by moderator – Tags added)

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hi @NomadicVoxel 

Have you tried removing the replacement filter, and putting it back on to the machine? Sometimes if not fit "just right" and secure on to the machine, it can still show you that filter alert. Once the filter is securely in place, press and hold the selector button for 10 seconds until your screen reverts back to the main display on your screen (this step may vary by model). To echo what other community members have mentioned, we would also suggest that you do only use genuine Dyson replacement parts, to ensure that your machine is operating as intended.

Best wishes,

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Is it a genuine part, purchased directly from Dyson?

If it isn’t, I’d say it’s to do with the manufacturing and that the machine isn’t identifying it. If it is, it might be faulty. They should replace it for you. 

The bar code/part if shouldn’t play a part. The machine identifies the filter attached through suction /the seal it makes with the machine.

As a last resort, you could try washing it? 

Yup! Genuine filters contain denser filtration/material. If the cleaner detects through suction, pressure and the seal of the unit, it just might not function with a lesser quality part. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @NomadicVoxel 

Have you tried removing the replacement filter, and putting it back on to the machine? Sometimes if not fit "just right" and secure on to the machine, it can still show you that filter alert. Once the filter is securely in place, press and hold the selector button for 10 seconds until your screen reverts back to the main display on your screen (this step may vary by model). To echo what other community members have mentioned, we would also suggest that you do only use genuine Dyson replacement parts, to ensure that your machine is operating as intended.

Best wishes,