V-Ball mount problem | Dyson Community
Question

V-Ball mount problem

• 10 December 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi! I’ve got Dyson V11 SV17 vacuum cleaner (W7F-EU-RBK2676A).

My V-Ball plastic “bearing” broke (in motorhead), so I decided to order new V-Balls from polish official Dyson Service.

To my surprise I got new V-Balls with ball bearing, not plastic “bearings” (I don’t know how it’s called in english - plained bearing?). I made a photo and put in this post. This V-Balls got the same part number as old one (969332-01), but they differ in bearing and a little in size.

Service told me that this V-Balls are exchangable, and Dyson no longer produces my “plained bearing” V-Balls.

But I can’t mount this new whells to my motorhead. The screw is to short and new wheel doesn’t fit on mounting pin in the motorhead.

Do You have any tip how to properly fit new V-Balls? Thank You!

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

@rysiu Thanks for your post. We found a helpful video on how to replace the v-balls on your Dyson V11. If you‘re still not able to get the part screwed  on, I do recommend reaching out to Dyson Poland support team for further assistance. (https://www.dyson.pl/wsparcie)

@Summer.Jackson Thank You for Your replay, but as You can see on photos, I have no problem with using screwdriver. As I wrote, polish Dyson service told me that those types of V-Balls are exchangable. And if I want, I can send them they back (which doesn't solve the situation). I get no info how can I mount new V-Balls to old mounting solution.

This is a slightly embarrassing situation, so to avoid hassling with the service, I ordered V-Balls on Amazon that look like my old ones (I hope these will fit). Maybe these mismatched V-Balls will come in handy one day after replacing the motorhead.