v11 absolut pulsing and blockage - Feedback | Dyson Community
Solved

v11 absolut pulsing and blockage - Feedback

• 15 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I have had multiple problems with the vacuum - it says there is blockage and clearly there was none. Then it suddenly okay again. Now the pulsing problem is making my dyson v11 not usable at all. I suspect this is due to the filter again and i tried buying them from dyson and it was not in stock! Hence I bought one from shopee malaysia but the problem (pulsing) is still the occurring.

I went to the service center and told my stories. To my surprise, the dyson people at the counter told me that I am cleaning the filter wrong, even though I am following the manual, he said the guidance in the manual is actually wrong. He also said the motor is damaged because I am using a fake filter, which I am not even used yet!

My dyson is out of warranty on 2021, hence they quote me a repair cost of RM700 for the main body and RM75 for labor cost. 

This is clearly outrageous how can a product so expensive then broken down due to its own issue (i have read that the pulsing problem is common worldwide), then asks me to pay RM700 for repair??

icon

Best answer by Stuart 19 October 2023, 10:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @harinnhizhadi

Thanks for highlighting this. 

If the machine switches on and off in quick succession, while making a pulsing noise, it could be an indication to either a dirty/blocked filter or an obstruction in the machine affecting the airflow. This pulsing noise is purposeful, and indicates where the motor is switching off.  

In my opinion, either the materials used in the filter have become dense, stopping the airflow through and generating a blockage error, or the main body has an internal error. The good news here is that we have some guided content on the Community that could help you with the former.  The My cordless vacuum cleaner is pulsing/ switching on/off/ has a blockage light, what does this mean? | Dyson Community article can walk you through how to resolve this, as well as providing helpful link to our online support and YouTube channel.  

If you wanted to head directly to our online support, simple use our Dyson Support link.  Once here, navigate to the 'Support' option in the top navigation bar and select your machine from the on-screen options.

As Dyson only offer a two-year cover against their cordless products, if parts are requires after this timeframe has elapsed, they are chargeable. Please speak to your local Dyson service team for further information.

Thanks, 

Stuart

My V11 vacuum head had to be replaced twice because it stopped turning. Now it’s out of warranty and the thing only spins the vacuum head on boost mode. The head doesn’t spin on the lower setting anymore and the motor pulses unless on boost. I changed the filter with factory replacement and used an air hose to blow out any dirt or dust.  It’s something internal that is clogged and inaccessible. Garbage!!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Upperlimit54,

Our Customer Care team would be happy to walk through through some more in-depth troubleshooting to help pinpoint and resolve the issue, if the steps you’ve taken so far haven’t worked. 

Just visit Dyson.com and click Support for our contact details - the fastest way to get in touch is Live Chat via the Dyson Digital Assistant.