V11 Absolute Cutting Out - How to resolve - Help needed! | Dyson Community
Solved

V11 Absolute Cutting Out - How to resolve - Help needed!

• 18 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a V11 Absolute which is just out of warranty. The problem I have is that increasingly it will cut out just for a second or so and then start up again. I have cleaned every nook and cranny I can think of and put on a new filter but nothing seems to make any difference.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 September 2023, 09:28

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

@northshields Hi there. The culprit will be one of (3) possibilities -

1. A partially blocked airway somewhere in the machine - This video can guide you on all the places to look (some places may not be obvious):
  2. A bad trigger button - in this case, please contact support for a new part: “Main Body/Cyclone”.
  3. A failing battery, though, in this case, you would notice low-battery indicators on your V11’s screen.
Userlevel 1
Badge

Adam,

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. I have certainly checked for blockages in all the places suggested in the video and I don;t think that it can be the battery, which leaves the bad trigger button. However, when looking at the web site they are marked as “out of stock”, which does not seem to be an unusual position for Dyson - when I needed a new filter they were out of stock for several months which is not really what you should expect from a major manufacturer.

Adam,

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply. I have certainly checked for blockages in all the places suggested in the video and I don;t think that it can be the battery, which leaves the bad trigger button. However, when looking at the web site they are marked as “out of stock”, which does not seem to be an unusual position for Dyson - when I needed a new filter they were out of stock for several months which is not really what you should expect from a major manufacturer.

They seem to be plagued by stock levels right now! The webstore takes the brunt of it. They’ve said before that the stock allocation between the online store and their helpline is different. Might be worth reaching out on WhatsApp for an update. Either that or head over to their How to: Order spare parts and accessories post for a list of 3rd party retailers 😁.