V11 Trigger - Feedback | Dyson Community

V11 Trigger - Feedback

• 13 December 2022
  • 1 reply

For those who have intermittent problems with their V11, it is worth checking out the trigger first. 

it s a common problem on the V11 and possibly other models as well. The trigger is not strong enough and Dyson do not supply a replacement. When I rang Dyson to try and find out what the problem was it was not mentioned. Instead i was sold a new battery @ £85 which did not solve the problem.  

It is a weakness on the Dyson range or certainly on the V11, and i suppose because Dyson are aware of it and cant/wont supply a replacement trigger and therefore wont admit it being a weak point on a hoover priced @ nearly £600 people like me are fobbed into buying parts we dont need. It would put them in a better light to be open about it and help customers rectify the problem. I for one have now had 4 Dyson hoovers over the years but I will be looking elsewhere when it comes to buy a new hoover in the future. 

(Edited by moderator – Moved to a new category/ Tags added)

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Just replaced trigger, of course this #1 failing part not sold on Dyson website, lots of complaints all over, just search for Dyson trigger. Incredibly poor design made from cheap vinyl like material breaks the activator arm. Who designed that, an engineering intern? This trigger should made of metal, no plastic can't withstand the trigger pressure. Shame that one lousy part can spoil such good vacuums like the V10/V11 models.   Anyway, improved design Dyson triggers from China are a booming business at Amazon.