DP04 - Scheduling machine greyed out - Suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

DP04 - Scheduling machine greyed out - Suggestions?

• 1 July 2023
  • 2 replies

I have just taken delivery of a DYSON PURE COOL B DP04, this was a Dyson refurbished model to replace my DP01.  That would no longer work with the app as it was 2.4GHz and not the required 5GHZ.

It’s on my network, it’s regulating correctly on AUTO, upping the speed when needed.  Has all my local information correct. BUT, I can’t use the schedule as it is greyed out.  I’ve made every endeavour to do all the suggestions made on the forum none have been a success.

I’ve made several attempts to contact DYSON, but the call stack times out and disconnects at about 10 minutes.  WhatsApp doesn’t register at all.  I’m still awaiting a call from them which I was promised would be within 30 minutes, that was 8 hours ago.

This is not my only issue but I shall put the other problems into the relevant area.

One machine no longer usable because of software, it’s replacement has software issues despite direct from Dyson themselves.

I’m not a great techie, but manage, this Dyson situation is getting to be laughable if their software engineers can’t send out a machine that works correctly

icon

Best answer by JamJam 4 July 2023, 17:12

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Alright. According to this post. Connecting your Purifiers, Humidifiers and Heaters to the App | Dyson Community the DP01 only connected to the 2.4ghz frequency. If you have a duel band router, it should connect to the new network. 

The B grade machines are refurbished, so it possible they didn’t reset the software correctly. Give a factory reset a try. This will prompt a new software patch to install. 'Power Cycling/Restarting/Resetting' the air treatment machine | Dyson Community

If all else fails, return it to Dyson and ask for an updated unit. Except nothing less then their full product offering. 

Userlevel 5

@0scarsH0use I think you should read this post. It seems there was an on-going issue with the software. A fix has been implemented or is being rolled out soon. 

TP04 Software refuses to update. | Dyson Community