Design suggestion for cordless vacuums | Dyson Community

Design suggestion for cordless vacuums

• 14 June 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi Stuart,

We have purchased a model V10 absolute + last week. 

As far as, I have observed my daughter at 9 years old has trouble to use the cleaner since the tube connecting the engine part and head is at fixed length. 

If the length could be adjustable for the short users it could be easier to use for long time.

How much horizontal you hold the engine part the vertical load increases and and arms and shoulders get tired in a short time.

Is it possible to advice my recommendation to take into consideration.

Regards,

Arda

Stuart 10 months ago

Hi Everyone, 

Great to see a healthy discussion here.

I thought this was a great time for me to share some insight and an answer to the question posed. ​​​​​​

Dyson have a 6,000-strong global engineering team busy developing a pipeline of new Dyson technology stretching 25 years into the future. We can't reveal anything they might be working on until we're ready to launch, but the Dyson Community is a great place to stay up to date with our latest news! While we love to hear feedback on our technology, we do have to be very careful looking at product suggestions submitted from outside our organisation. This could lead to misunderstandings, and I’m sure you’ll appreciate we have to be very cautious, especially in terms of intellectual property. 

In regards for usability, we always recommend the use of Dyson machines in accordance with the user manual - should anyone not have a copy, navigate to Dyson.com, click the ‘Support’ option and select you’re machine from the on-screen listing.

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4

Who’s letting their 9 year old use a $600 plus vacuum! Actually, who's making their 9 year old vacuum! 

New hashtag incoming … #Dysonaren’tforkids!

Although they stipulate use for anyone over 8 years old can use it, where there’s adult supervision, I’m sure Dyson haven’t specifically designed this as their target audience. If it’s too long, maybe a Dyson isn’t right for them.

Dear ElectricSlide,

If you don’t give responsibility to your children it is possible for them to face with trouble in their lives.

I gave the cleaner to clean her room not the whole house. Secondly, she used it under my supervision.

Thirdly, in the future (of course at legal age) I will let them drive my car which is more expensive than a Dyson. I will keep my way of training.

Selamlar,

Even as an extra, after purchase part, this would be a great idea. There’s time where I’ve been cleaning under the stairs (5x5) space with a very low ceiling. A smaller wand/head would be ideal. I can’t see it taking off as an item sold as standard, but an added extra maybe. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Everyone, 

Great to see a healthy discussion here.

I thought this was a great time for me to share some insight and an answer to the question posed. ​​​​​​

Dyson have a 6,000-strong global engineering team busy developing a pipeline of new Dyson technology stretching 25 years into the future. We can't reveal anything they might be working on until we're ready to launch, but the Dyson Community is a great place to stay up to date with our latest news! While we love to hear feedback on our technology, we do have to be very careful looking at product suggestions submitted from outside our organisation. This could lead to misunderstandings, and I’m sure you’ll appreciate we have to be very cautious, especially in terms of intellectual property. 

In regards for usability, we always recommend the use of Dyson machines in accordance with the user manual - should anyone not have a copy, navigate to Dyson.com, click the ‘Support’ option and select you’re machine from the on-screen listing.

Thanks, 

Stuart