How to set up V15 Detect (Built-in dusting and cervice tool) | Dyson Community
Solved

How to set up V15 Detect (Built-in dusting and cervice tool)

• 14 July 2023
  • 7 replies

Hopefully a very simple query but I am having issues setting up my new V15 hoover. 

The wand doesn’t seem to attach to the machine because of a clear but of plastic. Dyson told me there was a part missing so send out a new hoover. This is exactly the same. Getting a response from the Dyson email or WhatsApp is terrible so trying here. Am I missing something? Any help appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by paul151084 16 July 2023, 20:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @paul151084 I’ve tagged you in a similar post. Someone else had the same problem and there doesn’t seem to be any Dyson material to help. Maybe you’ll be able to work it out with the image provide. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Does this image help at all?

All their material does feature this head. Is there anything on the box?

Hey there @paul151084 please connect the crevice tool as shown on the photo of the wand directly to your machine and then attach the wand! This is a built in tool keeper. That tool will always stay attached. 

Got it now, thanks everyone. Very odd though that this isn’t on the Dyson instructions and even their official set up video looks different from my model. Even Dyson on WhatsApp seemed to think I was missing a part so sent an exact same replacement! 

I’d expect the Dyson staff would only know this if they work first hand with the machine. We had a friend working for Dyson in America, before they started to outsource. They’d said most of what they learnt was by trailing Dyson or word of mouth. Sometimes the internal data wouldn’t be updated and the information would come to them piecemeal. I’m not sure how much of that is true of course, but in this scenario it seems likely.   

There a clip of it in the Gen5 video on YouTube.

If it doesn’t arrive like this:

Then it might be in two parts: 

Part 1

Part 2 - Slide the wand into the end:

Let’s hope they add this to the User Manual soon :)