Dyson AirPurifier always yellow - Any ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson AirPurifier always yellow - Any ideas?

• 19 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there! 

I have recently purchased a Dyson AirPurifier formaldehyde. 
When I first got it, the display was never anything more than the green rating, apart from when I cook. 
Now for the last few days, I haven’t really seen it in the green rating, it’s now in the yellow… 

When I now have it on auto, the fan is going at a fast speed. I’m a bit confused as to why my air quality is now worse than before when I’m doing nothing different. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 24 February 2023, 21:55

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Have you tried gently cleaning the sensor vents? I use the soft dusting attachment on my cordless vac. Failing that are there any constant sources of VOC’s nearby like reed diffusers / candles? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Darlin! 

Sorry that I’m butting in. I thought I’d share with y’all that mine does this when I have those vaporising plugs in use. I note yours is quite yellow when there is a hike in VOC. Have you read up on the cause? I was thinking to myself this might help y’all out! Why am I seeing an increase of VOC in the winter months? | Dyson Community

Lemon 🍋

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @ConnorTombs 

An intriguing topic.

Other members have made great suggestions. If I may share my own, I recommend becoming familiar with these community topics: 

1. Keeping your purifier performing at its best | Dyson Community
  2. What are the common household pollutants? | Dyson Community
  3. How Air Quality changes throughout the year | Dyson Community
  4. What is off gassing and what causes it? | Dyson Community
  5. Why am I seeing an increase of VOC in the winter months? | Dyson Community

These should broaden you’re understanding of Air Quality and how it is effected by the surrounding environment. 

David. 

Have tried that, did exact same thing as you and still hasn’t helped. 
I do have candles but rarely ever light them. They were here when I first got the purifier and when it was always showing green. 

This is just from today… I’ve done only something in the toaster.