Dyson AirPurifier always yellow - Any ideas? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson AirPurifier always yellow - Any ideas?

• 19 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi there! 

I have recently purchased a Dyson AirPurifier formaldehyde. 
When I first got it, the display was never anything more than the green rating, apart from when I cook. 
Now for the last few days, I haven’t really seen it in the green rating, it’s now in the yellow… 

When I now have it on auto, the fan is going at a fast speed. I’m a bit confused as to why my air quality is now worse than before when I’m doing nothing different. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 24 February 2023, 21:55

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Have you tried gently cleaning the sensor vents? I use the soft dusting attachment on my cordless vac. Failing that are there any constant sources of VOC’s nearby like reed diffusers / candles? 

Have tried that, did exact same thing as you and still hasn’t helped. 
I do have candles but rarely ever light them. They were here when I first got the purifier and when it was always showing green. 

This is just from today… I’ve done only something in the toaster. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Darlin! 

Sorry that I’m butting in. I thought I’d share with y’all that mine does this when I have those vaporising plugs in use. I note yours is quite yellow when there is a hike in VOC. Have you read up on the cause? I was thinking to myself this might help y’all out! Why am I seeing an increase of VOC in the winter months? | Dyson Community

Lemon 🍋

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @ConnorTombs 

An intriguing topic.

Other members have made great suggestions. If I may share my own, I recommend becoming familiar with these community topics: 

1. Keeping your purifier performing at its best | Dyson Community
  2. What are the common household pollutants? | Dyson Community
  3. How Air Quality changes throughout the year | Dyson Community
  4. What is off gassing and what causes it? | Dyson Community
  5. Why am I seeing an increase of VOC in the winter months? | Dyson Community

These should broaden you’re understanding of Air Quality and how it is effected by the surrounding environment. 

David.