How do Dyson moderate on this Forum? | Dyson Community

How do Dyson moderate on this Forum?

• 10 December 2022
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I’ve been trying to read up on this issue I’ve been hearing about online where a customer may have been mishandled by Dyson support.

I see the one thread, but it’s been heavily edited. What’s this about?

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @Anewman 

Thanks for posting a question on this subject.

This was a topic which I was going to cover in a separate post. However, it seems like here is an ideal place to provide a detailed response to our Community members and yourself. 

Like the majority of Community forums, there are certain behaviours and guidelines in which we ask our users to follow when interacting with one another and when posting content. These behaviours are in fact what are agreed to and accepted by all members as part of the registration process. On registration we furthermore provide an array of articles to each new user through email. This further highlights not only our behaviours and where they can be found, but provides hints at how to best interact with users, become familiar with the forum, how to get the most out of a post, where is best to post for specific machine support and where our members can introduce themselves to oneanother. 

We are very transparent with how we moderate, the reasons in which we moderate content and what is appropriate both through these behaviours and via the Terms and Conditions. We openly encourage healthy discussion and constructive feedback alike. 

Whereas we have selective member(s) breaking these behaviours, we provide them with a private communication, highlighting the community terms. Asking them to adhere to these when interacting in the future. If there are continued breaches or the sentiment terms offensive towards an individual, appropriate steps are taken. I suspect this is something that is fully supported by our members. 

Our community Terms and Conditions and Behaviours can be found on the below links, as well as through the platform search function and within the Community news and information sub category. 

1. Community Terms and Conditions
  2. Behaviours - Community Guidelines / Code of Conduct
  3. Community news and information

Thanks. 

Stuart

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Alright @Anewman 

I think you’re referring to this conversation. Lied to my customer services

The crux of it is. The author ordered a dyson and it didn’t work. Dyson management, mods and a couple of other members tried to help. It didn’t seem they were cooperating. Beginning to reply to other posts threatening and swearing at others. They were banned for it. 

Completely inappropriate behaviour in my book.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Anewman 

Thanks for posting a question on this subject.

This was a topic which I was going to cover in a separate post. However, it seems like here is an ideal place to provide a detailed response to our Community members and yourself. 

Like the majority of Community forums, there are certain behaviours and guidelines in which we ask our users to follow when interacting with one another and when posting content. These behaviours are in fact what are agreed to and accepted by all members as part of the registration process. On registration we furthermore provide an array of articles to each new user through email. This further highlights not only our behaviours and where they can be found, but provides hints at how to best interact with users, become familiar with the forum, how to get the most out of a post, where is best to post for specific machine support and where our members can introduce themselves to oneanother. 

We are very transparent with how we moderate, the reasons in which we moderate content and what is appropriate both through these behaviours and via the Terms and Conditions. We openly encourage healthy discussion and constructive feedback alike. 

Whereas we have selective member(s) breaking these behaviours, we provide them with a private communication, highlighting the community terms. Asking them to adhere to these when interacting in the future. If there are continued breaches or the sentiment terms offensive towards an individual, appropriate steps are taken. I suspect this is something that is fully supported by our members. 

Our community Terms and Conditions and Behaviours can be found on the below links, as well as through the platform search function and within the Community news and information sub category. 

1. Community Terms and Conditions
  2. Behaviours - Community Guidelines / Code of Conduct
  3. Community news and information

Thanks. 

Stuart