Share Your Dyson Product Experience: Your Feedback Matters! | Dyson Community
COMMUNITY FEEDBACK

Share Your Dyson Product Experience: Your Feedback Matters!

• 18 September 2023
  • 7 replies
Share Your Dyson Product Experience: Your Feedback Matters!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

As I know user experience is key in product design, I’d like to position our Community as pinnacle in providing insights, experience and feedback to our Category and Insight teams directly - through real-time actionable insights. 

Whether you've had a positive or negative experience, your feedback is crucial in helping to understand what's working well and what needs improvement. To that effect, we’ve love to here from you! 

If you’re interested in providing feedback, here’s what we want to know:  

1. Product Information: Begin by telling us about the specific Dyson product you own. Mention the product name, model, and any other relevant details - please do refrain from sharing the serial number.

2. User Experience: Share your overall experience with the product. Highlight the aspects you love, such as its performance, durability, or convenience. Be sure to include any unique ways in which the product has exceeded your expectations or you’ve benefited from.

3. Challenges Encountered: If you've encountered any challenges or drawbacks while using the product, please don't hesitate to let us know. We value transparency and want to understand any areas where we can make improvements - we have a host of material that’s designed to support owners with becoming familiar with their products. Simply put, if we know users are struggling with a certain aspect, we can help by adding clarity.

4. Imagery: A picture is worth a thousand words! If you can, please provide images of your Dyson product in use or any related experiences. Visual feedback can help us better understand your perspective.

I look forward to seeing what you all share! 

Thanks,

Stuart 😁

7 replies

We have many Dyson products of varying ages including the Dyson Ball Animal 2 vacuum which is still under warranty.

I had to call the technical team as the Motorbar was only working intermittently and had a strange smell despite the machine being immaculately clean. They didn’t have parts in stock and ordered parts on the 2nd of this month for me to replace the complete motor bar. I called on the 18th to chase up the parts and had to start the whole process again! They told me that they STILL didn’t have parts in stock and they would have to replace the machine. The replacement offered was a cheaper inferior model of which I refused. I asked for the call to be escalated. Told that someone would call me this morning. Nothing! I called this afternoon and had to go through the process again so I raised a complaint. It seems that I now have to wait another two days for the complaint to be answered. What happened to Dyson customer service? It’s dropped off a cliff! Now without a vacuum cleaner for 17 days and it’s still under warranty. Absolutely despicable. We returned to Dyson over and over again because of the incredible service. We have 7 product on our Dyson account. Never again Dyson. This is terrible

Would love to, but even though I spent hundreds of dollars I actually have no product! 

My refurbished Airwrap, purchased on Nordstrom.com, broke weeks after purchase and was confirmed as defective by Dyson customer service (on call #1, August 2023), but required 4 calls and escalation to a manger in order to get an exchange number. Now I’m waiting for the replacement to be mailed back to me even though my return was confirmed by UPS as received by Dyson on 21st September.

I’ve now been on a total of 7 calls for more than 3.5 hours (I was literally on hold again for 20 minutes when starting to write this feedback while the “To clean the attachments ...” message looped endlessly in my ears). I’ve just spoken with a second manager who was perfectly lovely and empathetic, who offered explanations to the delay and promised to have my product shipped as soon as one becomes available in inventory (maybe 8-10 days). I do believe she will follow-up with me and this journey might be coming to an end, but I struggle to understand why this process is so heavily dependent on the customer, requiring us to fight for an exchange, especially when the product is under warranty and it’s purchase price is well above similar/competitor items.

This is my 2nd Dyson product, but had it been my first I never would have bought another. 

Refurbished first-generation Dyson Airwrap styler Complete (Nickel/Fuchsia) 

Would love to, but even though I spent hundreds of dollars I actually have no product! 

My refurbished Airwrap, purchased on Nordstrom.com, broke weeks after purchase and was confirmed as defective by Dyson customer service (on call #1, August 2023), but required 4 calls and escalation to a manger in order to get an exchange number. Now I’m waiting for the replacement to be mailed back to me even though my return was confirmed by UPS as received by Dyson on 21st September.

I’ve now been on a total of 7 calls for more than 3.5 hours (I was literally on hold again for 20 minutes when starting to write this feedback while the “To clean the attachments ...” message looped endlessly in my ears). I’ve just spoken with a second manager who was perfectly lovely and empathetic, who offered explanations to the delay and promised to have my product shipped as soon as one becomes available in inventory (maybe 8-10 days). I do believe she will follow-up with me and this journey might be coming to an end, but I struggle to understand why this process is so heavily dependent on the customer, requiring us to fight for an exchange, especially when the product is under warranty and it’s purchase price is well above similar/competitor items.

This is my 2nd Dyson product, but had it been my first I never would have bought another. 

@macanoogie Any update? Have you managed to get an exchange? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @macanoogie,

A very unfortunate situation.

I wholeheartedly agree that Dyson can do more. Offering a mixture of training and promoting self empowerment will negate the majority of recent complains. Post 2021 the state of Dyson support has deteriorated, that is why I am championing its return and why I joined the Community, agreeing to become a superuser. I’ve fed this directly to @Stuart on multiple occasions.  

Other than passing on your feedback, there is limitations to the account access the moderators have. They’ve stressed that ‘we’ continue the conversation with the helpline teams wherever account or product questions arise.

David.  

@macanoogie Any update? Have you managed to get an exchange? 

Hi @Kibbleb - yes, actually I received the replacement yesterday afternoon via UPS. I’m happy to say it works, but I really miss the old style (color, tools and box divisions/organization). But after having some time using the new attachments, I might later have a different opinion. 

Overall the exchange process was very difficult and left me feeling as if I were being played with, that Dyson did not want to exchange my product, especially when the agents could not take any action but instead repeatedly instructed me to call back in x-days following the current call (with multiple on-hold periods each call). To be fair the agents were friendly, but the process seemed completely illogical and contributed to my frustration. For example, being told that I needed to call back to find out if they had inventory for them to then be able to initiate the process, even though the exact inventory would not be held for me, still makes absolutely no sense but resulted in hours of my time wasted.  

Thank you for your concern - I hope Dyson improves the process. As a customer, it becomes very personal in a negative way after paying a lot of money for a product but feel completely unsupported. 

Old was refurbished Airwrap styler Complete (Nickel/Fuchsia) while new is refurbished Airwrap multi-styler Complete in a dark color (navy?) with copper. 

Hi, i was so excited when  purchased my Dyson Airwrap from Zalora Philippines.

I received the item today and it was deffective 😭😭😭

Need help how to access warranty. As the Zalora claims the item is non-returnable/ exchangeable.

I understand the terms. But i expect the supplier to test the item before shipping. That is supposedly the usual and proper procedure for electronic units.

I was so disappointed. Please advise how to access warranty.

Thank you!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, i was so excited when  purchased my Dyson Airwrap from Zalora Philippines.

I received the item today and it was deffective 😭😭😭

Need help how to access warranty. As the Zalora claims the item is non-returnable/ exchangeable.

I understand the terms. But i expect the supplier to test the item before shipping. That is supposedly the usual and proper procedure for electronic units.

I was so disappointed. Please advise how to access warranty.

Thank you!

If the unit was faulty on dispatch and the store doesn’t offer a replacement, you’ll have to make a claim through the warranty. You’ll have to contact Dyson directly to make a claim. Use the Visit Dyson.com link at the top of the page and click on the support button.