Introducing the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum | Dyson Community
ROBOT VACUUM

Introducing the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum

Introducing the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

From Tokyo, Japan, James Dyson unveiled the next generation of intelligent robotic vacuum cleaners - the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robotic vacuum.

The Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robot vacuum has sensors that detect the edges of a room, and redirect suction through a side-actuator for precision edge cleaning – solving one of the biggest challenges for any robot – edge cleaning. Its high-level processor thinks and adapts, capable of pinpointing its position to within 71mm.

Dyson cordless vacuum technology uses acoustic piezo sensors to count and categorise dust particles, informing owners via LCD screen when to move on, or continue cleaning. These readings also determine the suction power required for the task, automatically adjusting power levels.

To learn more about the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robotic vacuum, the unique Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping (SLAM) technology, including dust detection, obstacle avoidance and wall detection, visit the Future of clean article. 

Be among the first to hear when the Dyson 360 Vis Nav™ robotic vacuum will be available in your market, don’t forget to register your interest via the sign up page in your market.

Keep a close eye on our Robot category over the next few days - we have a vast array of content inbound, designed to help owners onboard and become familiar with the machine.

10 replies

Userlevel 5

The future is here!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Will this support matter? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Very cool! New product launch is always such an exciting time at Dyson.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Heyhey88. A great question!

I’ve contacted a colleague in development for comment. I’ll come back to you once I have an answer 😁.

Thanks,

Stuart

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Heyhey88. A great question!

I’ve contacted a colleague in development for comment. I’ll come back to you once I have an answer 😁.

Thanks,

Stuart

Great thanks Stuart, I’m aware robot vacs aren’t in the current matter spec but would be great knowing support is planned along with Dyson’s other connected machines 🤖

Doubtful. I imagine this was 5+ years in development. Matter wasn’t officially rolled out until later 2022. It’s very likely they didn’t even have this as a consideration. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Doubtful. I imagine this was 5+ years in development. Matter wasn’t officially rolled out until later 2022. It’s very likely they didn’t even have this as a consideration. 

Once the item is in the matter spec it can be retro fitted. Recent thermostats and smart plugs are examples of this so let’s see…

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thanks,

Stuart

Great thanks Stuart, I’m aware robot vacs aren’t in the current matter spec but would be great knowing support is planned along with Dyson’s other connected machines 🤖

Hi @Heyhey88. I’ve not forgotten about this - it’s just taken a little longer to get an answer than I first thought.

Once I have something to share, I’ll come straight back to you 😎!

Stuart

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Thanks,

Stuart

Hi @Heyhey88. I’ve not forgotten about this - it’s just taken a little longer to get an answer than I first thought.

Once I have something to share, I’ll come straight back to you 😎!

Stuart

No rush! It’s not even available to purchase in the UK yet 😅

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Shared from a reply I left today.

“We are also very aware of developments within the Matter Alliance (https://buildwithmatter.com/). Using it to see how it could enhance the user experience and improve the integration of our products in the future.”

They’ve not left any guarantee that updates will be tied closely to Matter, but I would expect they use it to inform on future delivery. Short of it is, there’s no reassurance and you’ll have to wait to see if it does. 

The tech is already pretty good, but there has been no sign of Apple Homekit Integration and that’s been requested for several years.