Apple Homekit Integration | Dyson Community

Apple Homekit Integration

• 31 October 2021
  • 30 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello all! I made this topic to see how many others would like to see the integration of Apple’s HomeKit to the Dyson smart fan ecosystem. I know Siri Shortcuts exist and there’s third party apps that can integration your Dyson with Apple’s HomeKit but I would love the option to be added so it “Just works”. Anyone else have opinions on this?

Jack 3 months ago

I am considering buying the Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool™️ Formaldehyde HP09 purifying fan heater but I am reluctant to until I know it it support Matter (I’m not expecting Thread support as well but that would be a nice bonus) so it will fit in with the rest of my smart home.

it would be nice to get an update from Dyson about when they are likely to support Matter and if any existing products will be updated to support it. 

Hi @gtwr,

Thanks for your question! At this time, we don’t have any further updates to share around integration with Apple HomeKit, Matter or Thread. Our teams of engineers are always busy developing and refining both the hardware and software of our machines - but we can’t reveal anything they may or may not be working on until we’re ready to launch.

We understand there’s a keen interest in this area, and if we do ever have any news to share on this topic we’ll make sure our Dyson Community members are kept in the loop! 

View original

30 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

I am considering buying the Dyson Purifier Hot+Cool™ Formaldehyde HP09 purifying fan heater but I am reluctant to until I know it it support Matter (I’m not expecting Thread support as well but that would be a nice bonus) so it will fit in with the rest of my smart home.

it would be nice to get an update from Dyson about when they are likely to support Matter and if any existing products will be updated to support it. 

Hi @gtwr,

Thanks for your question! At this time, we don’t have any further updates to share around integration with Apple HomeKit, Matter or Thread. Our teams of engineers are always busy developing and refining both the hardware and software of our machines - but we can’t reveal anything they may or may not be working on until we’re ready to launch.

We understand there’s a keen interest in this area, and if we do ever have any news to share on this topic we’ll make sure our Dyson Community members are kept in the loop! 

It’s 2024. Hoping for some update :/ 

We just bought the big+quite BP04. Costs about 1000 EUR. Quite frustrating in 2024 Homekit is not supported for a smart device that expensive. The app is only useful if you have that device as an ornament. We have tons of devices and everything uses automation etc. and everything works in harmony. Only dyson is the exception.

Is there like a beta channel where we could test a release, if dyson is already working on this? I would love to help as a beta tester if it would speed up the process. It doesn’t matter if all features of the device are present on the homekit, for me setting the fan level or auto, switching on and off the device and the air quality metrics would be sufficient. 

Screenshot below is what I use with the Homebridge project, but unfortunately BP04 is not maintained. E.g. if you click on Oscillate, it crashes. probably because it doesn’t need to have an oscillate mode. 

I’d expect Dyson to provide a solution to this and not some free OSS developer. 

Any updates, it is April 2024 already! 

I own two Dyson Purifier Cool Formaldehyde units. It would be great if I could view information about my air quality and control my purifiers through HomeKit.