Cordless Cleaner Head Plush Strip Worn Out - Suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless Cleaner Head Plush Strip Worn Out - Suggestions?

• 13 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Just wondering why I have to buy a new cleaner head for my V7 vacuum cleaner every time the plush strip wears out.  The vacuum cleaner works ok but just scraps along on the tiles.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 13 July 2023, 15:51

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Hi @peterg 

Thanks for reaching out. 

Unfortunately, the strip is not sold on its own as a direct purchase from Dyson. In this instance, the cleaner head will need to be replaced. 

Our community How to: Order spare parts and accessories | Dyson Community can help guide you to make this purchase. 

Many thanks. 

Userlevel 4

@peterg Give one of their other retailer a try. Someone has to sell that little sticky strip somewhere! 

Ok so I assume Dyson doesn’t provide replacement plush strips because it may be considered a Band-Aid solution to a design flaw.  Realistically I don’t think I or anyone I have recommended this product to would want to replace plush strips every 6 months, or spend half the cost of a new vacuum cleaner on buying a new cleaner head.

After the invention of the vacuum cleaner in 1901, I am surprised that I find myself in this situation, especially with a brand like Dyson.

The failure rate is probably too low for these to invest in manufacturing/international shipping of a component that is glued onto the head. If the part failed while you were in the warranty, I’m in no doubt that Dyson would have replaced it for free. You’re now in a position where you need to replace it yourself and left with little to no open, other than going elsewhere. I'm sure we’d all be interested to hear where you end up going.

Badge

This is the same problem I have. My v10 is 2 months old. It was my Mothers Day gift. I love it and use it everyday. The strips have worn out/down and now the head is marking my hardwood floors. I’ve been hunting all morning trying to see what my options are because I shouldn’t have to buy a new cleaner head to replace these small pieces- which should really be a replaceable part and covered under warranty on a $400+ vacuum or for sale just as the wheels, caps, back strip etc. are on the site. 😒

This is the same problem I have. My v10 is 2 months old. It was my Mothers Day gift. I love it and use it everyday. The strips have worn out/down and now the head is marking my hardwood floors. I’ve been hunting all morning trying to see what my options are because I shouldn’t have to buy a new cleaner head to replace these small pieces- which should really be a replaceable part and covered under warranty on a $400+ vacuum or for sale just as the wheels, caps, back strip etc. are on the site. 😒

I agree. Although you know you have a 2-year warranty. They’ll replace it free for now. It’s what you need to do when this expires.