Cordless Dyson V6 not working - Blue/Green Light | Dyson Community

Cordless Dyson V6 not working - Blue/Green Light

• 17 January 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a Dyson V6 DC62 which has stopped working  Press trigger for 10 seconds solid blue LED which turns green after 10 seconds and then goes blank. I have cleaned all the filters including the cyclone element with no success  Dyson help line suggest a new body which they can't supply(no stock) but the LED sequence repeats when the battery is separated from the body.  I have left it on charge for 4hours. 

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added, Title Amended) 

Eagles 1 year ago

@Ed Holmes

Have you checked the online diagnostics? V6 Support | Troubleshooting | Dyson.

I used it previously for a colleagues v8. They specifically have a ‘Lights’ guide.  

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Ed Holmes

Have you checked the online diagnostics? V6 Support | Troubleshooting | Dyson.

I used it previously for a colleagues v8. They specifically have a ‘Lights’ guide.  

Thank you I have tired this link but no joy  I’m going to “borrow” another battery and see if the vac works

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Great idea! At the very least if the borrowed battery works, you’d know it’s the part that needs replacing. If not, it will most likely be the handle component. 

@Ed Holmes We trust you are well!

Sorry to read you’re having an issue with your machines battery.

I just wanted to note, based on our diagnostics, the likely outcome to this issue is that you’re experiencing battery failure.

In these cases we recommend looking at a replacement battery which should resolve the issue at hand. 

To order a battery through Dyson, visit our How to: Order spare parts and accessories post. 

All Dyson battery comes with a 1-year battery warranty.

Thanks.

Thank you I will order a new battery 🤞