Cordless Gen5 Detect - Wall dock/dok removal help | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless Gen5 Detect - Wall dock/dok removal help

Show first post

28 replies

New Gen5 detect - design flaw - surprised these have not been recalled as yet!

We had set a notice on our phone to buy this new hoover when it first came out.  My partner likes to work out how things fit together and come apart and realised very quickly that once you had put the back plate together there was no way of prying it apart (without smashing it off the wall!!!)

We took ours straight back to John Lewis who tried removing one from their walls where they had been put up and could not take them down and said they were going to report the design flaw and get back to us, we never heard back.

I am surprised Dyson knowing they have this rookie error in their design have not recalled the product and changed the back plates?!!  We were waiting for this before purchasing another.

I believe most people who have purchases this Hoover and put it up in good faith are not yet aware of the difficulty they will have in removing it from their walls, but this will come more to light once people start looking to upgrade or move their hoovers?

Dyson - sort it out?!!!  We called your team and had a video call with them and they had no idea how to remove it either so returned your product!

Stop evading the question and start finding solutions.

Anyone else had any luck getting them to own up to this terrible design flaw??!!

Userlevel 1

What a shocker…….

I recently purchased the Gen5 Detect and need to move the wall mount but it is impossible to detach from the wallplate once installed.  I have read forums here marked as “Solved” but they aren’t!  There are solutions offered which apply to different models, as if the Dyson people replying aren’t even aware of the design flaw in the Gen5 Detect Mount.  I called customer service and the person was helpful but couldn’t figure out how to remove it.  He offered to replace it if I just ripped it off the wall, but Dyson is “out of stock”.  So I’m stuck.  I’ve looked at photos and there are clips part way down the wall plate that need to be disengaged. 

The solutions offered here won’t work.  One solution says “There are no clips to be disengaged” but that is wrong.  This model DOES have clips.  Another solution just offers the video of how to install it.  That doesn’t help.  Someone said hit it hard and it disengages.  I will try that--it might work I guess, but not quite sure how or why it would.  The clips prevent vertical movement of the mounting plate.

Can someone from Dyson actually take a the mounting system for THIS MODEL, and mount it to their own wall, and tell us how to then unmount it.  If you can’t, then a recall needs to happen because this is a significant design flaw. 

Please tell us all how to actually do this.  Thank you.