Cordless Gen5 Detect - Wall dock/dok removal help | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless Gen5 Detect - Wall dock/dok removal help

Show first post

28 replies

I have just received mine today, and it baffles me how this was created at Dyson.

Luckily I did not install the wall dock, because I was unable to. You know why? For some reason the back plate was already snapped into the back of the dock and locked in tightly, and for the life of me, I could not figure out how to get it out without breaking it!

Then I was infuriated by such stupidity. Then I ended up here venting my spleen on the lot of you.   

I wonder why there are only a couple of complaints on this issue on this forum? Didn’t these other customers who purchased Gen5Detect realize that they would have to tear down the house if they want to relocate the wall dock? Or they simply don’t care? But why? 

Userlevel 1

Have you considered a career in politics. The dok won't just lift up. It is locked in position. You obviously have no idea about the functionality of it. Go get one from the depot put it on your wall then ask the strongest person in the room to simply slide it up. Then you can all have a laugh  at their inability to move it 1 mm.

Still don't believe me give it a try. Then talk to the engineers who designed it that way and ask them. They too will agree that unless there is a special tool there is no way to remove it.

All the best.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @Ugh65

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - this had previously come up on the Community, and we provided the following advice:

How to set up the docking station for your Dyson Gen5detect™. This video only shows for those in the markets where the machine is sold. If you have trouble viewing it, please do let me know. 

The dock’s front plate clicks into place at the very top, meaning there aren’t any clips or leavers to undo at the base. It should lift away by sliding it upwards. These can be somewhat tight, so medium force from the base might be needed to remove it. Please make sure all the accessories and the machine is removed before unclick the dock.

Read the full article here - Uninstalling Gen5 Detect Wall Dock

If you get stuck, or need further guidance, please let me know. 

Thanks, 

Stuart