Community News and Updates – June 2022 | Dyson Community
COMMUNITY NEWSLETTER

Community News and Updates – June 2022

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Welcome to June’s edition of our community newsletter.

As before, I’ll be talking through our growth, content, platform improvements and providing an update on what we’ve been working on behind the scenes. I’ll also be sharing some very exciting news about what is hitting the platform in July.

Let’s talk visitors and community growth

In the May’s edition of our newsletter (Community News and Updates – May 2022), we highlighted the upcoming expansion, the inclusion of the remaining categories and a host of other supporting features.

Since this expansion, we’ve seen yet another increase in traffic month-on-month.

• We welcomed just over 100,000 unique visitors. These headed to the community via the Dyson App and as direct traffic. This is an increase of 25,000+ from the previous month.
  • We broke our 2200-member mark! Increasing our registered member pool by a further 7%.

Seeing a continued and significant increase in our visitors and registered numbers again is a fantastic milestone. It helps to evidence the content we are creating, improvements we are making and support our members and moderators alike are providing isn’t just beneficial to those that are already registered, but it is supporting everyone visiting the community. Keep up the great work everyone!

To our new members or visitors alike, a very warm welcome to our community.

Let’s talk content

We’ve been busy behind the scenes this month, so we’re making this section all about our content.

We’ll be giving you information on What’s new, What’s performing and What’s changed.

What’s new

Categories:

In addition to our existing Air treatment and Robot  categories, we’ve added Cordless vacuum cleanersCorded vacuum cleanersHair careLighting and Hand dryers

Content:

To support the expansion into the other categories, we’ve added a host of new articles that are aimed to help guide, support, and offer even more advice. 

Under the Cordless vacuum cleaners category we’ve released.

1. My cordless vacuum cleaner is making a pulsing noise, what does this mean?
  2. Can I use my cordless vacuum cleaner to pick up liquids?
  3. Can I leave my cordless vacuum cleaner on charge?
  4. Cleaning the filter(s) on your cordless vacuum cleaner

Under the Corded vacuum cleaners category we’ve released.

1. My corded vacuum cleaner isn't picking anything up, what can I do?
  2. Can I use my corded vacuum cleaner to pick up liquids?
  3. Can I use my corded vacuum cleaner with an extension cable?
  4. Cleaning the filter(s) on your corded vacuum cleaner

Under the Hair care category we’ve released.

1. Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler - Achieving your style
  2. Maintaining your Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler
  3. Dyson Corrale™ straightener - Getting the look you want
  4. Maintaining your Dyson Corrale™ straightener
  5. Changing your Dyson Corrale™ straightener temperature unit
  6. Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Styling guides
  7. Maintaining your Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer
  8. Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Magnetic styling attachments, what are they and how do they work?

What’s performing

This month we’d seen a marginal increase in the number of Topics being created. This aligns with the additions of our new category areas and the continued maturity in our Air treatment category.

The top three ‘most visited’ categories during this time were:

1. Ask the Community
  2. Community news and information
  3. Air treatment - Machine maintenance

The top three ‘most visited’ topics/articles during this time were:

1. Air treatment - Cleaning the sensor(s)
  2. Understanding which Dyson machine I own
  3. Community Introduction

What’s changed

We’ve amended several existing articles removing mentioned to the ‘Community Trial Phase’ and highlighting the integration of the entire category range available from Dyson today.

1. Community Introduction
  2. Read about the Official Dyson Community
  3. Understanding which Dyson machine I own
  4. Community Guidelines / Code of Conduct

What’s next

What’s next you ask?

We’ve been working alongside our Category and Commercial teams, helping to identify exciting content we can bring into the community. These include new tips on using, getting the most out of your machine(s) and some helpful guides to support us through the seasonal weather.

You’ll start seeing these hit the community throughout July.

Sneak Peak

Our Connected Community Manager has been focusing their time on building a bespoke Knowledge base for our ‘Lighting’ category. These are Dyson own articles which are aimed at helping owners/user connect their Light through the Dyson App, key maintenance, and our most asked question from across our other channels. We’ll see this go live towards the end of July.

Watch out for an announcement on the community home screen.

That’s it. As always, we’ll be posting regular updates in our ‘Content calendar’, letting you know what our most recent additions are. If you have a suggestion for future content or just simply wish to provide feedback, feel free to create a question or conversation. The best place to do this in our Ask the Community forum.

Speak to you all again very soon!

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.