Ammonia smell coming from the Purifier (TP07) - Suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

Ammonia smell coming from the Purifier (TP07) - Suggestions?

• 18 July 2023
  • 2 replies

My T07 air purifier is making a disturbing smell. Similar to ammonia. It is a new purifier, so I don’t understand what is going on. No smell of any kind similar to it in or around the house (no cleaning product for example). Doesn’t feel safe to use. Any clue?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 20 July 2023, 16:44

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Maybe a shipping/packaging smell? You’ve removed all the packaging from around the filters right? 

Hi there @Manu-jo 

Thanks for making us aware of this.

Dyson use high grade plastics and resin in their manufacturing, which is hardened and cured before construction. This is highly regulated and should be no product exposure. Like other industries, if any toxins are detected in product quality, these products are returned to the assembly line or disposed of. 

I suspect the smell is the result of packaging or simply an odour produces by something else in the environment which is expelled by the purifier. The most likely cause is it is reacting with the filtration unit. 

I’d recommend placing it elsewhere in the house, cranking it to full and checking if the smell is still there after 24-48 hours. If it is, contact Dyson and ask that they inspect the unit. 

Hope this helps.