Purifier with different readings when using the front and backwards airflow - Suggestions? | Dyson Community
Solved

Purifier with different readings when using the front and backwards airflow - Suggestions?

• 8 June 2023
  • 4 replies

I own a Dyson Pure Hot+ Cool and I’d like to know if my machine is working properly because when I’m using the front airflow it gives me positive measurements for PM 2.5 and PM 10 but the moment I switch to the back airflow it immediately goes from green to very poor. 

is that normal? This inconsistent reading is very annoying because you don’t know which one to trust. 

anybody else having the same issue?

icon

Best answer by samwise 8 June 2023, 09:14

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Either a blockage or sensor issue. Give the recommendations here a go: My machine/App shows a 999 Severe reading, what do I do? | Dyson Community

Let me know if that works, if it doesn’t I’ll rack my brain on what else it could be.. 

@DavidTaylor any input?

Hi @blockman 

Thank you for raising this with us.

The air quality of the machine should not change when you change the airflow from the back to the front.

This may also be due to the sensors being a bit dusty. Read the ‘Cleaning the Sensor" article to find out where they are on your machine.

Regards,

You might want to look at the positioning. It’s pulling in the air from either direction, so if the rear is pointing at the kitchen or next to an open window, it’s pulling in the air there. At the front, it’s what’s directly in front of the purifier. 

Try this for guidance: Keeping your purifier performing at its best | Dyson Community