Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer Not Working | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer Not Working

• 27 November 2023
  • 8 replies

I purchased a Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer from a store in Dublin, Ireland on 20th March 2021. The guarantee is out of date since last March 2023. The hairdryer has been working intermittently in the last two weeks and stopped working totally yesterday. I cleaned the filter as per instruction on the My Dyson website. I paid €300 for this hairdryer and it has only lasted two years and eight months and I really don’t feel that this is satisfactory. I have had other cheaper brands of hair dryers in the past and they have lasted over five years.

Is there support available?

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 November 2023, 18:17

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

8 replies

@TMoriarty Thanks for your post. I’d recommend contacting the local support to set up a repair service.

Same! I got my hair dryer also in May of 2021 warranty ended May 2023. So last night my dryer stopped working!! No lights no noise nothing just won’t turn on. So now they tell me to take it to their repair center. The sad thing is that this was a replacement for my first one that was heating up and also stopped working. Now I’m out a blow dryer. They’re too expensive for them to last a little more than a couple of years. Very disappointing!! 

Mine keeps cutting out and sometimes won't come on at all, had it just over a Yr....not happy at all , I've cleaned the filter as well ....

I’m so disappointed with the Supersonic’s longevity. Mine failed shortly after the 2 year warranty. It seems to be very common. I won’t buy another one.

I’m so disappointed with the Supersonic’s longevity. Mine failed shortly after the 2 year warranty. It seems to be very common. I won’t buy another one.

Im really peed off, its disgusting, I'll stick with my remington which has last over 5yrs 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Shar69,

It sounds like your Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer should be within its 2-year warranty period - have you been in touch with Dyson Customer Care in your region for some help?

If not, please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Well I have the serial number and apparently its guarantee has expired, I was told to pay £99 to book a repair, its shocking why pay that for it to go faulty again after another 2yr....I'm glad I kept my remington which is still going strong after 5yrs .......and to pay over 300 for a dyson that lasts 2yr.....I've made my decision,  won't purchase from dyson again ....

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Shar69,

The 2-year guarantee on a brand new Dyson hair care machine would be effective from the date of purchase. You would need to validate the date of purchase using something like a store receipt, online order confirmation email, bank statement etc.

If you don’t have your proof of purchase available, we would have to estimate the purchase date using the serial number. And if it appears the guarantee period has now expired, the repair would be chargeable as advised. Of course, it would be up to you whether or not to go ahead with the repair booking.

I’m sorry we can’t help further this time round, but if you change your mind about the repair you’re welcome to reach out to the local team again so they can schedule this for you.