Dyson Airwrap purchased in USA doesn’t work in Europe - What can I do? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Airwrap purchased in USA doesn’t work in Europe - What can I do?

• 21 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello. I have bought dyson from USA, but it doesn’t work in my country, Azerbaijan. And dyson(USA) doesn’t recommend to use converter because my machine will be damaged with converter and they directed me to Turkey team.

I talked to the Turkey dyson team they said I can use converter and they can’t arrange exchange. However US dyson team don’t suggest to use converter as it will damage my machine. After that I talked to the UAE dyson team and they also said that they are not able to provide replacement service. Then I talked to the US dyson team via instagram, they said they are looking further into this for me and will be in touch shortly, but they never returned. And after that I talked to the member of US dyson team via live chat. He gave me the number which help me to solve this issue. I called that number and they directed me to UK for replacement. But they said that if I am not in UK they cannot help me. After that I called dyson US team again. They said they cannot do anything and even didn’t let me finish my sentence and finished the call. This is unbelievable. What should I do now?

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Eagles 21 February 2023, 21:53

View original

4 replies

@Aygul Ahmad And you didn’t expect this to happen? It isn’t EVER a given that a device manufacture for use in one location will work in another. This is more valid when purchasing in Americas and traveling to the rest of the world! Believe me, I’ve been caught out before! 

I won’t be holding my breath waiting for you to have this rectified! Dyson’s guarantee is clear and they don’t offer an overseas exchange policy per se. There’s only one scenario where I’ve read that an owner has been successful, and this is where they had relocated to another country after a year of ownership. If you’ve simply purchased it in the states on a business trip, this is quite frankly your fault and to expect them to replace a $600 product for free is absurd.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Alright @Aygul Ahmad!

Gosh! This isn’t the first time I’ve seen this asked. @R.Pageant makes a valid point. International travel/exchange is a grey area. Arguable purchasing electrical goods in one country and expecting a business to honour it in another is a moral minefield, even with premium priced products. 

This exact scenario, almost to the letter, has been answered for a few months now: Read Dyson Airwrap - US model doesn’t work in Europe.

Best of luck! 😬

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

In addition, you might want to read: Dyson Airwrap™ multi-styler/Dyson Supersonic™ hair dryer - Can I use it abroad/overseas? | Dyson Community.

Thank you for your answers. And also thank you for sharing the link which is almost the same with my issue. But I saw that the previously shared issue has been solved. I hope they will help me either:(