Dyson Hairdryer stopped working - disappointed by Dyson's response | Dyson Community

Dyson Hairdryer stopped working - disappointed by Dyson's response

• 11 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Never had an issue with my hairdryer until one day it suddenly shorted and stopped working/turning on entirely. I sent it in for repair as it’s past its warranty and was ready to pay for the repair. Instead I was told it needed a new motor and motors are out of stock and there’s zero timeline as to when they will be back in stock. My only options are to get it sent back without repair, recycle it, or get a 20% off coupon for a new one. 

I can understand that it’s past warranty and was willing to pay for the repair… but to say the motors have been out of stock for an extended period and there’s no sense of when they’ll be back is really disappointing when this product was only used 2-3 dozen times total. 

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello @baileydub 

We’re disheartened to hear you’ve had an issue with your Supersonic hair dryer. Even more frustrating, is when a needed part to complete a repair is out of stock. Like many technology industry retailers, a shortage of resources and materials, manufacturing control orders and inflation have impacted our business and production on a global scale. We’re proactively looking into alternative solutions as the situation evolves, but in the shorter term this means that some spare parts may be available in limited quantities.

Further, we always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @baileydub 

We’re disheartened to hear you’ve had an issue with your Supersonic hair dryer. Even more frustrating, is when a needed part to complete a repair is out of stock. Like many technology industry retailers, a shortage of resources and materials, manufacturing control orders and inflation have impacted our business and production on a global scale. We’re proactively looking into alternative solutions as the situation evolves, but in the shorter term this means that some spare parts may be available in limited quantities.

Further, we always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologize for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with.

Best wishes,