DC15 Animal - Cordless equivalent | Dyson Community

DC15 Animal - Cordless equivalent

• 14 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I have a corded DC15 Animal vac which I’ve had for more than 10 years that’s still in perfect working order. This vac has a 1300 watt motor which makes it a powerful machine. Do Dyson have a machine that can match this. Looking at the cordless vacs on offer I’m not confident they have.  ( I have two long haired cats).

(Edited by moderator – Tags added/Title amended) 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @James McCoo,

Can you let us know which country you’re in, so we’re not recommending any machines that aren’t available to you?

I live in England. Regards James McCoo

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @James McCoo

I explored a similar intrigue earlier this year. An elderly family member needed to update their outdated, tired and quite frankly ancient cylinder cleaner. This was heavy, cumbersome and was becoming a nuisance to move between floors. 

Our daughter has used her V10 to help clean, and we knew they’d want a Dyson. My research was mainly online, focusing on weight, suction power and run time/charge capacity. Something light enough they can carry it around the property with ease, but strong enough they will be thoroughly cleaning the floors. 

I found a great little comparison guide online, that directly compares the V15 to its predecessors. V10, V11 and V11 outsize. 

https://www.popularvacuums.com/reviews/dyson-cordless-vacuums.html#general-comparison

Another site did a direct comparison for the V15 and V11. Stating the Dyson v15 with 230 AW is the most powerful cordless vacuum on the market. 

The Air Watts on these machines aren’t anywhere near that of the Upright vacuums. Based on my research there are advantages that outweigh this drawback. Light weight, easy to store and use and advanced filtration. If you wanted something directly similar to your existing machine, Dyson still offer an upright in the UK - https://www.dyson.co.uk/vacuum-cleaners/uprights

Best of luck.

David.