Urgent Resolution Required: Ongoing Power Issues with Gen5 Detect Vacuum (Purchased Jan 27, 2024) | Dyson Community
Solved

Urgent Resolution Required: Ongoing Power Issues with Gen5 Detect Vacuum (Purchased Jan 27, 2024)

• 2 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Dear Dyson Customer Support,

I am writing to express my disappointment and frustration with my recent experience with the Dyson Gen5 Detect vacuum, which I purchased on January 27, 2024. Despite its initial promise, the vacuum has developed significant operational issues that have yet to be satisfactorily resolved.

Shortly after purchase, I encountered a problem with the fluffy optic head, which Dyson promptly replaced. However, a more concerning issue has since arisen related to the vacuum's power functionality. Although the LED screen activates, allowing navigation through power options such as Boost, Normal, and Eco, the vacuum fails to operate beyond this point. This issue, first reported on February 22, 2024, has rendered the device unusable.

An operator's suggestion to replace the charger would not have addressed the core issue, as the device's screen indicates a full charge and the vacuum itself does not operate. After further troubleshooting, including allowing the battery to deplete partially and then recharging, it has become evident that the problem is not related to the charger.

While I appreciate Dyson's effort to resolve this issue by booking a repair, being left without a functioning vacuum for an extended period is unacceptable, especially considering the £800 investment made only five weeks ago. The inconvenience this has caused is significant, and while the online chat support has been informative, it does not mitigate the disruption to my daily life.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, I am entitled to goods that are as described, fit for purpose, and of satisfactory quality. Given that my Gen5 Detect vacuum has failed to meet these criteria, I request that Dyson either provide a temporary replacement vacuum to use while mine is being repaired or offer a form of compensation for the inconvenience caused.

I trust Dyson values its customers and will offer a swift and fair resolution to this matter. I look forward to your prompt response.

Kind regards,

Robert Young

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 3 March 2024, 17:36

View original

1 reply

Hi @yrobbie  I am sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with  your Gen5. This is not something that I like to hear. I would suggest contacting our support again to see about getting an exchange since your machine was just purchased. Please ensure you have your serial number and proof of purchase if you purchased outside of Dyson. We are a global brand, so please visit www.dyson.com and go to the bottom and click the US flag. Once you do, it will bring you to a list of countries in which we support. Please click the proper country you reside in and contact our support page from your country. They will be happy to assist further.

I hope this helps.