Wash G1 - not working - ‘empty dirty water bin’ error but there’s nothing in it! | Dyson Community
Solved

Wash G1 - not working - ‘empty dirty water bin’ error but there’s nothing in it!

• 31 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Got my G1 wash yesterday and immediately got to work cleaning my wood and tile floors. It did a great job!

But since then my G1 has a problem. 

After only 15 seconds use I get the ‘empty dirty water bin’ alert but there’s nothing in it; it is empty.  Therefore cannot use it as it is constantly stopping.  Really upset!

I’ve cleaned everything thoroughly and done all troubleshooting - no change.

Please help.

icon

Best answer by Jack 31 May 2024, 10:53

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

I have the same problem.  Runs for about 5-10 seconds max then tells me to empty the dirty water but it’s empty.

Looks like a warranty claim and replacement.

I have the same problem.  Runs for about 5-10 seconds max then tells me to empty the dirty water but it’s empty.

Looks like a warranty claim and replacement.

Called Dyson today. They did the video capture of the issue.  Machine ran for only 5 secs!  They got me to return to them and they will send replacement. Hopefully that won’t have same issue.  Anymore problems and I’ll be getting a refund.  Early adoption always risky. Makes me question all those positive reviews (“collected as part of a promotion”) - ummm I do wonder…..

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @tontyho and @boriskov,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - we’re sorry to hear about the experiences you’ve had here.

Contacting your regional Dyson Customer Care team directly for support is the right course of action. Our experts will be able to capture all the relevant details, and resolve the situation for you.

You can find the contact information for Dyson Australia here.

I’ve been advised that I need to send the brand new machine in “for service”.  Pretty disappointing and inconvenient.