fan plugs | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

I find the plugs on your large fans dangerous! Every power outlet I plug it into it is too heavy to sit flush to the outlet…plus it’s huge! I find it hanging out of the wall while still running a lot!…I have to constantly check it while it’s running… truly annoying and dangerous! why are they so chunky and heavy???

Hi @annco,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

The plugs on some Dyson purifiers and humidifiers include electronic components essential to the functionality of your machine. As you’d expect, they've been tested rigorously in our labs and in real home environments, and meet all relevant safety legislation wherever they’re sold.

I’m sorry if you’re encountering difficulties using the plug with the power outlets in your home, as we’d expect them to fit securely where the sockets are not worn, and where the plug is undamaged. There’s nothing we can do to change the design of the plug on your machine, but I’ll be happy to pass your feedback along for you to the right people.

If you’d like to discuss this further, you’re welcome to reach out directly to the Dyson Customer Care team in your region. Just visit Dyson.com and click Support.