Air quality graph not showing and innacurate temperature | Dyson Community
Solved

Air quality graph not showing and innacurate temperature

• 22 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi I just purchased my Dyson Purifier Cool Formaldehyde however the air quality graph on the machine is not showing and the temperature shown is accurate.  

screenshot below from app to show discrepancy between indoor stats and outdoor. 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 23 November 2021, 12:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @jarred

This is an odd issue to have. 

My first thought would be to recommend you 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your machine. There is a possibility that it has somehow lost part connection to the Dyson Cloud and is struggling to send/receive all the data for the machine. 

If Power Cycling/Restarting your machine does not solve it, it could be an indication that the machine has a faulty sensor. It’s rare that these make it past the quality control at the factory level, but it can happen.

Please get in touch with our Singapore customer support team via our WhatsApp channel and explain to them that you have come through from the Community site. They will run you through the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation.

@Me again if you need any further help on this. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Badge

Hi Stuart, 

im having the exact same issue with my brand new machine. Have tried the power reset and has not worked. Do I need to disconnect the app from the machine and resync it or something to fix this problem? 

it’s obviously a known problem so I’m hoping you have a fix that’s not just turn it off and on again as this didn’t work. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @bronwyncase

Thanks for posting a follow up query. Not ideal that you have experienced the same issue. 

I’ve been speaking to our engineering team this afternoon and I believe I have a solution for you.

In the scenario where the machine is not sending/received the correct data from the Dyson Cloud, and the said data is still not showing correctly after 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your machine, a factory reset can be used to revert the machines software.  

Could I therefore ask you to perform a factory reset? This can be done by following the below steps:

1. Press and hold both the physical Remote Control’s power button, and the on-product power button for 10 second.
  2. The product LCD display will show a countdown, followed by a tick. Please let this countdown conclude.
  3. Release the buttons and reset the machine. 

If this resolves what you are experiencing, I’ll add this information to our existing articles to support future owners that might have the same issue.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Badge

Hi Stuart, 

Very very happy to say that yes the factory reset did fix the problem. 

The temp, humidity and other graphs are now showing correct rather than -2deg :) 

Very happy with the outcome as I was dreading sending it back as I waited nearly 4 weeks to receive this one. 

Thank you for your help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @bronwyncase, that’s great news. Thanks for letting me know.

I’ve created a new article to help other users revert their machine to factory settings (should it be required) and updated the 'Power Cycling/Restarting' your machine with the below text:

‘If the information on the logged in home-screen is not reflecting the local environment, where the Temperature and/or Humidity is showing in a (-) figure or 0 percentage, you may need to revert the machine to factory settings. Click on our Reverting your machine back to factory settings article to view the steps on how to do this.’

For helping us identify this issue and working with us to implement/test a fix, I’ve awarded you our ‘Community Builder’ badge. This is awarded to someone who is recognised for implement change across the community.

Thank you for your help.

Stuart