Dyson fan (am09) filter change - Is there one? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson fan (am09) filter change - Is there one?

• 30 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello, we’ve just got an am09 hot and cool small fan and it smells, how do we change the filter (if it has one)

thanks

Martin

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 1 August 2023, 10:41

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 5

Nope, the Dyson fan tech hasn’t got a filter installed. These are only in their Purifiers, humidifiers and later heaters. Other than giving it a once over and cleaning the dust off, there’s not much you can do.

I think this still relates to the Fan range - Cleaning your machine | Dyson Community.

Hello @Martinh 

Thanks for posting a question to the wider community. 

Sorry that you are experiencing this with your Dyson fan.

The Dyson Hot+Cool™ AM09 does not have a filter installed as it also has an Air Multiplier technology that amplifies the surrounding air, giving an uninterrupted stream of smooth airflow.

Usually when there is an odour,  it might just need to be thoroughly cleaned. I have added a guideline on how to clean your fan here 

For ease, I am providing you with a troubleshooting link as well if you need any further support here

If you have completed this checks, and there is still an odour, feel free to respond over here or drop us a WhatsApp and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

Regards,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated