Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool Formaldehyde Air quality detection strange - Should I repair it? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier Humidify+Cool Formaldehyde Air quality detection strange - Should I repair it?

• 26 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Dear community,

I’d like to ask before I send the device to service.

We have it for some 4 months but from the beginning I observe strange behavior regarding the airquality detection.

It’s not about it doesn’t detect a bad airqality (it’s 99.9% problem VOC). But after detection it almost never purifies / solves the problem. What helps always is a restart (power cable out and in). Examples:

• I tried to put something smelly near the sensors. It detected and the line went yellow. So it works.
  • The purifier is running and it detects something in the evening and the line goes yellow, ventilation 8-9 pretty loud. This doesn’t change until the morning. So it is loudly running the whole night but the airquality is not better (at least he thinks so). Plese don’t think there is something smelly in the night. no! It happens also during the day when the flat is empty and we are away.
  • What always helps is a hard restart. So imaging the line goes yellow and it’s starts a hard purifying. In 5 Minutes I take out the power cable and put it back. The line is green and stays green. 
  • In the case theree pruifying doesn’t make the line green in hours, I do the same restart and again, everything is green.

I have to ask. Does the power cable restart purify the air????? For a so expensive device I would expect more. What can be wrong ?

PS-I tried to suck the sensor are with vacuum cleaner. It didn’t help.

thanks a lot for any tips or help.

Marek

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 30 October 2023, 16:13

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Marek

I’ve just approved the post. A nice new feature granted to me by the community team. 

An inconsistent behaviour, especially when referring to the air quality could be a result of a software error. Rule this out by following the steps mentioned on this community article.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, the hardware may be at fault. Dyson provide a 2-year coverage on their Air Treatment range. This enables the replacement or repair of the machine for free. In this scenario, contact Dyson directly. 

David. 

Hi @Marek

I’ve just approved the post. A nice new feature granted to me by the community team. 

An inconsistent behaviour, especially when referring to the air quality could be a result of a software error. Rule this out by following the steps mentioned on this community article.

If this doesn’t solve the problem, the hardware may be at fault. Dyson provide a 2-year coverage on their Air Treatment range. This enables the replacement or repair of the machine for free. In this scenario, contact Dyson directly. 

David. 

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I really appreciate it. However I would not mark it immediately as best :) Maybe someone else will share similar experiences / possible solution.

The article you mentioned isn’t relevant to me and has totally wrong title. I have no problem with mobile application status sync. It’s about the status on the device itself.

So it looks like I will ask for service. not really satisfied for now.

best regards
Marek