Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde PH04 - Machine no longer detects or corrects air quality problems | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Purifier Humidify & Cool Formaldehyde PH04 - Machine no longer detects or corrects air quality problems

• 15 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Novice Member
  • 3 replies

Bought in 11/29/2021. The app shows when there are problems but the app on machine stays flat always. When the app on my ipad shows there is a problem, I can also smell it, the machine does nothing to resolve the issue. I have a much older model that still picks up and resolves issue. I restarted, replaced all the filters and brought to Dyson Store. Was told it is fine. Said the app is not accurate. Told him my older model still speeds up and resolves issues in the room it is in. He said fine because it passed all the tests. HELLO??? It is NOT working. Any help would be appreciated so much. ALOT of money to invest and not work. :(

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Moved Category)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 16 January 2023, 16:34

View original

3 replies

Hi @SLVH

Very odd. Are you saying the purifier isn’t reacting at all or only failing to record it on the app?

In either, it sounds exactly like a hardware vs software conflict. Factory resetting the purifier will revert it back to the out of the box settings. If it worked at that time, it should work again. The process to factory reset is really simple - Reverting your air treatment machine back to it's factory settings

I’d further suggest giving the sensor a vacuum, view Cleaning the sensor(s) on the air treatment machine to locate the sensor nodes. 

Pete.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I went back and decide that even though brand new I would run the deep clean fully. Use the citric acid and put it through the whole cycle as suggested. I did the factory reset and again tried reconnecting the app I am thrilled to say the humidifier IS working. THRILLED. Thank you for all the help. The machine is still flat lining on the screen. as suggested I clean the sensors. Looked it up and on my machine the sensors are 4 slots I am supposed to vacuum. I am trying just putting vacuum up close on the outside of the machine. Is that correct?

@SLVH Yep! Give them a vacuum. Try using a hose over the sensor holes. It helps to create a seal and suck out any of the finer dust 😃! A few seconds over each should work fine.

I’d also recommend giving Keeping your purifier performing at its best | Dyson Community a read. 

Jay.