Humidifier not humidifying | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Humidifier not humidifying

• 2 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I bought a purifier + humidifier (formaldehyde version) last year and have been using the humidifier on and off, never had any issues and have been diligent with maintenance.

I’m unsure what went wrong but, the humidifier is not humidifying at all, I believe the pump either broken or clogged because the few times that it has seemingly made an attempt to pump water, it has resulted in a super loud noise that persisted until I restarted the machine. 

The water level hasn’t decreased a single bit either, I ran 3 deep cleaning tests (with and without citric acid), no luck.

I already contacted Dyson and I’m waiting for a response but I was curious to know if anybody has had a similar issue or knew how to fix it, I think the entrance of the pump is what might be clogged but I’m afraid to tamper with it since the user manuals don’t mention it.

Thank you

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @moalks,

Welcome to the Dyson Community and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’m sorry to hear about your experience with your Dyson purifier humidifier. Our recommendation for support in getting this resolved would be to reach out to your local Dyson Customer Care team for help troubleshooting, and I understand you’ve already done this.

Someone should be in touch soon to help you further.

Badge

Hey @Jack,

I did reach out to support, both email and chat seem to be in a rather unfortunate state, not cool.

Anyways, I did end up getting a return label and the machine should reach dysons office this week, hopefully with no more inconveniences to this tedious process.

Thank you for your follow-up