Sweet Smell from New Air Purifier Filters | Dyson Community
Question

Sweet Smell from New Air Purifier Filters

• 18 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have a problem with any air purifier filter I purchased from Dyson, and it’s driving me nuts! All of the filters produce this sweet yeast-like smell. The smell occurs immediately right out of the box and never goes away. It’s especially strong when the air purifier is on low (heat or no heat). I have two air purifiers HP01 Hot and Cold and P01 Pure Cool Me Air Purifier Fan and the issue is the same with both. I have had my HP01 air purifier for many years and the old filters (one purchased more than 2 years ago) never had this issue. Has Dyson changed their filters? I use a filter in my toddler’s room and am worried that this smell is harmful. What is causing this smell? Is it safe? The air never smells fresh! 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @amicwyo,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

For support, you'll need to talk directly to our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region. They’ll be happy to take some further information to help determine what the cause of this odour is, and to recommend the best course of action.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!