Can Dyson Gen 5 shred carpet fibers? | Dyson Community
Solved

Can Dyson Gen 5 shred carpet fibers?

Hi, I’ve recently bought a Dyson Gen 5 detect. I’ve had it for days now and I have done a deep vacuum clean for almost 5 days now on our carpet. I noticed that it seems to be pulling the carpet fibers? 
I’m not really sure why it still keeps pulling these dirt/carpet fibers since I have basically been vacuuming everyday. Is it the motorhead brush being too stiff that it shreds the carpet fibers?

icon

Best answer by Jack 7 May 2024, 14:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @fashionominous,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

It’s normal for many carpet types to shed a certain amount of fibre though normal daily wear and tear caused as people and pets move around on it. Your Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum will pick this up as you clean, and you’ll see it in the clear bin along with the other dust, debris and hair it removes. What you’ve shown in your photo looks normal.

During development we test our vacuums thoroughly on a very wide selection of popular floor coverings, from carpets and rugs to tatami matting, slate, tile, wood parquet, lino and laminate. If you’re concerned, we’d recommend checking directly with your carpet manufacturer as they’re best place to advise on how to care for this flooring. Sometimes with very deep, delicate, or loop-pile carpeting, the manufacturer will recommend cleaning using a vacuum without a rotating brush bar.

Hope this helps!

Thanks @Jack , the vacuum is just probably really good at picking up the dirt where my old one didn’t.