Customer Service Feedback! | Dyson Community

Customer Service Feedback!

• 7 March 2023
  • 6 replies

I have been waiting for a canister replacement for my Dyson V15 Detect for over two months. I was told by one customer service rep a couple of weeks ago that if the canister was still out of stock, they would ship me a brand new vaccum and I would receive a label to then send the other one back. Sounds fair, right?  Well, today I was told I would have to send the defecrtive one back first and then they would ship me an new one!  This is totally not right! So, Dyson may not trust me, but I sure don’t trust them to honor their part of the deal, especially after all the bad reviews I’ve read!  Whatever happened to making the customer happy? I’ve been waiting 2 months for a vaccum I can use and this is the worst service ever. All I want is to recieve what I was promised and then you will get your defective vaccum back. After purchasing 3 Dyson vaccums over the past several years, this is how I get treated! 

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello @QueenJMT 

We’re sorry to hear that this has been such a frustrating experience for you. With regard to any type of warranty exchange, our company-wide policy is to have the defective machine returned to us first, before we can release the replacement. This is done to help prevent any fraudulent activity. For the most efficient option, (here in the US market), we can arrange a pack-and-ship at a UPS STORE location. Rather than waiting for our warehouse to confirm the contents of the package, the contents are confirmed by the UPS agent, so the replacement enters processing when you submit the tracking they provide.

Let us know if you still have questions/concerns.

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

6 replies

Hi @QueenJMT 

I’m sorry this has taken longer than expected this time round to receive the replacement part. 

Firstly let me assure you that at Dyson we take pride in our Customer Service, I'm very sorry to hear that your experience hasn't been up to our normal high standard. We do our best to provide a first class service to all our customers.

Like many technology industry retailers, a shortage of resources and materials, manufacturing control orders and inflation have impacted our business and production on a global scale. We’re proactively looking into alternative solutions as the situation evolves, but in the shorter term this means that some spare parts may be available in limited quantities.

As you have been in contact with our Customer service team, we would encourage you to continue this with them as they would be able to assist in getting the exchange sorted for you. Please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Hello, I did as you suggested and chatted with the Dyson helpline and got absolutely nowhere. The customer does not come first at Dyson. You guys are NOT about customer happiness anymore. After, purchasing at least 3 Dyson’s in the last several years (only 1 lasted more than 2 years), I should have learned my lesson.  Now I have a very expensive vacuum with a 2-year warranty but who knows how long I won’t even be able to use it.  All I wanted was what the first customer rep I spoke to told me. She said Dyson would send me a new vacuum since the part was out of stock. She said I would receive a label to send the defective one back. I am NOT sending it back first.  A lot could happen with that scenario as I have read in other reviews, so I am not willing to take that chance. I have no choice but to wait on the canister which there is no idea how long that will take. I have purchased my last Dyson, that is for sure.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi @QueenJMT, I whole heartily agree that you’ve had a poor experience. 

Under their warranty terms, they state the repair or replacement of faulty parts for free. Although there is no timeframe on when this replacement will be made, a reasonable estimate would be within 30-days. Allowing for shipping constraints and stock. If a reasonable time has passed, they should exchange the entire item.

In terms of an exchange, I personally side with Dyson. Obtaining the item prior to delivering a replacement is practice and reduces risk on their part. If by sending your item concerns you, retain proof of purchase and proof of shipping. If this is lost or delayed in transit, they will still have to honour the agreement. It is unreasonable to expect them to provide another item free without this condition being met. 

As for next steps, I suggest you make contact with Dyson through another channel. Either their telephone service or online chat. I’ve found these are managed by a separate team, who may be able to offer a different level of support. The Dyson Community team previously stated they do not have access to customers accounts and cannot assist with service complaints, stock issues and order enquires.

Charlie.

Hello, I could send it back to them if I trusted them to send me one back, and I just don’t. I was told two different scenarios and the first rep told me they would send me one with a label and then I could send the defective one back. That is the only scenario acceptable for me. I’d rather wait for the canister replacement to be sent to me at this point than take a chance on that. Go online and read other people's experiences and you will see where I am coming from. I don’t think I am being unreasonable at all. I don’t trust them to honor anything at this point. They already lied to me about the process the first time. I might ship my vacuum back and then they inform me that the vacuum is out of stock! 

BTW, I was also offered a V10 Canister to replace my V15 canister! The rep said I would just have to take the rubber off the bottom to get it to fit! I was shocked! I didn’t pay nearly $900 for a vacuum to have to junk it up by putting something on it that was not made for it.  I have contacted Dyson by phone and chat and I found it to be a complete waste of time. Dyson only cares about Dyson, Customer happiness is a thing of the past.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @QueenJMT 

We’re sorry to hear that this has been such a frustrating experience for you. With regard to any type of warranty exchange, our company-wide policy is to have the defective machine returned to us first, before we can release the replacement. This is done to help prevent any fraudulent activity. For the most efficient option, (here in the US market), we can arrange a pack-and-ship at a UPS STORE location. Rather than waiting for our warehouse to confirm the contents of the package, the contents are confirmed by the UPS agent, so the replacement enters processing when you submit the tracking they provide.

Let us know if you still have questions/concerns.

I have been waiting for a canister replacement for my Dyson V15 Detect for over two months. I was told by one customer service rep a couple of weeks ago that if the canister was still out of stock, they would ship me a brand new vaccum and I would receive a label to then send the other one back. Sounds fair, right?  Well, today I was told I would have to send the defecrtive one back first and then they would ship me an new one!  This is totally not right! So, Dyson may not trust me, but I sure don’t trust them to honor their part of the deal, especially after all the bad reviews I’ve read!  Whatever happened to making the customer happy? I’ve been waiting 2 months for a vaccum I can use and this is the worst service ever. All I want is to recieve what I was promised and then you will get your defective vaccum back. After purchasing 3 Dyson vaccums over the past several years, this is how I get treated! 

We have experienced the same horrible customer service. I bought our V15 back in December and we haven’t been able to use it since beginning of April. The vacuum stopped working and we thought it may of been a bad battery, but we went through all the testing and troubleshooting, and it still doesn’t work after trying a brand new battery. We’ve called and chatted online with customer service multiple times to no avail, only that we need a whole new body for the vacuum, which isn’t available. 

It’s been now 3 months and no word on a new body for our $1000+ paperweight collecting dust in the corner(we bought all the extra accessories too). We are beyond saddened that such an expensive device stopped working only a couple months in use, especially from what e thought was a reputable company. We should of just bought the $200 knock off version I guess. 

I have now turned to the forums and community to determine what to do next. Do we file a claim with BBB, do a social media blast on how horrible Dyson service is and the quality control of their latest products? This is beyond disheartening and downright shameful to have spent $1000 on something and have no recourse Exocet sit back and wait. 

DO BETTER DYSON!