Customer Service SO TERRIBLE | Dyson Community

Customer Service SO TERRIBLE

• 10 January 2024
  • 8 replies

What is going on with Dyson???  

I created an order in error and immediately contacted Customer Service.  The phone rep said she would cancel the order, which she did not.  

When the item was received, I returned the item immediately.  It has been over 35 days since Dyson received the hair dryer at its warehouse.  I have spoken to multiple reps, sometimes for over an hour to try and resolve.  No one can advise as to why I have not received my refund of $548.  Online chat is even worse, with truly incompetent employees and terrible waits.  Honestly the worst chat experiences ever.

Dyson has the most awful customer service I have ever experienced, and I don’t understand why.  The products are so high end, but customer service means long waits to access an agent, no resolution, and even longer waits to actually get a refund.  It makes me question whether Dyson is a good company.  If I can’t even get my money back (supposedly a simple transaction), how in the world would Dyson ever be able to resolve any other issue (e.g., broken item, warranty, etc.).  

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

8 replies

Hi @SFDPPLA , I am very concerned to hear of your experience and would like to look into this for you. Please feel free to email askdysonUS@dyson.com and we are happy to get this sorted for you.

Userlevel 1

Hi SFDPPLA

I have to say have had EXACTLY the same experience, and its a relief (almost) to see its not just me.

I have never in my life experienced customer service so bad, and as you say with such high end products and reputation is hard to quite believe how bad it is.

I was on the phone for ONE WHOLE HOUR just requesting a returns label for a I ordered.  They then informed me it would take FIVE DAYS to email me the returns label.  It actually only took three (What the actual??) for them send me two returns labels from different places (one from dyson and one from parcelforce).  Having posted back my battery, Im a month down the line, with no refund, not even an email.

When you try their helpline, you just end up on hold with no resolution.  (Ive been left on hold for 20 minutes...)

They have basically taken my money and ran.

Id be interested to hear if you ever got your money back?

I certainly will not be ordering any Dyson product again.

Your not the only one :

I placed an order in August of 2023.

I have spent hours on the telephone and WhatsApp; firstly trying to get the things I ordered and subsequently trying to get my money back.

I have just spoken to another agent and like many before they promised they would follow through and get me my refund. they said they would get a supervisor to call me.They said they would send me a transcript of their notes.

Nothing received, no calls.
The worst service ever experienced.

Userlevel 1

Oh dear. My mistake. I was actually refunded in early December, so 14 days after I returned my item. An email would have been helpful to confirm that, but otherwise I withdraw my complaint!

Userlevel 1

It was still a pain to get a returns label though…

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @unhappyjane,

Thanks for taking the time to update us on the situation - I’m glad you did successfully receive your refund, although I’m sorry you appear not to have received an email to let you know about this. I’ll be happy to pass your feedback about the notification email, and about the returns label, on for you to the right teams. 

hi @Jack 

Please can I ask that you get in touch with the right teams and get a refund for my order # 1030411210!

I’ve been waiting since October for it……..

After raising a case on Paypal I have finally got my refund form Dyson.

Motto of the story “Do not buy direct from Dyson”