Customer Service - unnaceptable behaviour. | Dyson Community
Solved

Customer Service - unnaceptable behaviour.

• 24 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone,

Just purchased item from Dyson that was shipped by one of the courier companies I would not use at all costs due to their reputation and my own personal experience (High valuable items often lost during transit, happened to me twice in 2023). 

Contacted Dyson and shared my concerns with one of the customer service advisors. Let's call him "N".

N, advised courier partner is in touch and delivery will happen also call would be made 1 hour before delivery as gesture of goodwill to make sure I will receive that "Dyson" experience. I had no option to choose different courier. 

What is the "Dyson experience" then? 

Next day courier partner provide 1 hour time slot between 9.17 and 10.17. In addition I had access to driver's GPS tracker and I could see where he is about. 

Then:

No promised phone call 1 hour before.

9.17-10.17 no show.

10.20 tracker switched off (last known, shared location - next village).

11.00 - no show, decided to contact Dyson. 

I was lucky enough to be connected and speak with the same Customer advisor - N.

N confirmed about promises given day before but refused them all once realised there is a problem with courier partner and package is lost in transit, never arrived.

Then N confirmed driver stuck on motorway. However, driver never used motorway on the way to my place and last known location was far away from any motorways.. - I could confirm and validate this as I did have a picture of the tracker and last known driver location. 

I've requested cancellation of my order and refund for the item but N ignored my requests and these were repeated several times to him..

N did not want and refuse to provide any info about email address to raise a complaint. 

I left the chat at this point. 

Decided to call 298-0298 number. 

Customer service advised that complaint can be send to ukresolution@dyson.com but this email does not sound like official Dyson complaint channel at all.. 

Also person on the phone did not show any interest or did not want to help and resolve my issue at all. 

Is that the Dyson Experience? No thanks. 👎  

But still, is there any complaint email address or Dyson is not even bothered about how customers are treated? 

Thanks for any support. 

icon

Best answer by Terence 25 January 2024, 02:14

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

I share your observations and treatment by Dyson. I have just experienced similar appalling customer service ! 

Terence,

I think we are wasting our time. Check Dyson on TrustPilot or read some similar topics here…

I'm truly shocked with what I just discovered and as a person who purchased few of their items already would simply buy elsewhere from now. 

Dyson is good as long as you are not facing any troubles.. unfortunately price they're expecting to pay should deliver better after sale experience. 

Dyson customer service is TERRIBLE, INFURIATING and DISAPPOINTING.
Over the weekend I bought an accessory for
my new Dyson Submarine.  There was a mistake on the
shipping address and I contacted Dyson immediately
after placing the order to correct it. They said the
only option was to cancel the order and that I'd get
a cancellation email.  After a few hours and no email
I contacted them again and was assured 'not to worry',
the order would be cancelled.  Then I get an email
that it shipped.  I contact Dyson again. An hour later
I'm told all they can do is contact the shipping company
and request the item be returned to sender.  No refund
will be issued until they get the item back.
Dyson, I've spent HOURS trying to correct this and
now you want to tie up my money because customer
service didn't do what they were supposed to.
This isn’t about the money - it’s about the appalling way you're treating
customers and the amount of time you take to do it.

I've been a Dyson customer a long time and have
spent thousands on your products.  Not any more.

They will definitely contact you soon due to this post but mark my words and keep in mind that it would be another time wasted by Dyson. They cannot make things right.