customer support false information and promise | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

customer support false information and promise

• 16 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

My V10 Cyclone had suddenly stopped working, so I can the customer support on 06.05.2024, and via video call I was advised that the main body Cyclone will need replacing, which costs £105.00, as it was over 2 years old which was outside the warranty period. I then questioned, why do Dyson only have 2 years warranty, even though the vacuums or products are very expensive, surely the warranty should be longer? As the cheaper brands offer 5 years warranty? 

I was told by the customer support that I can purchase extra warranty from domestic and general via Currys (as that's where the V10 was purchased from).

I then requested the customer support to email me the parts I need to purchase and to confirm that information about the extra warranty, so I can show it at currys.

I waited 2 days for the email, but did not receive any email, so made a trip to currys and felt like an idiot as Currys informed me that they would not be able to let me purchase extra warranty as its past the 2 year warranty with dyson. Although I had informed them about the conversion with dyson customer service. So a waste of trip, petrol and time!

I contacted Dyson customer service again on 13.05.24, and explained above and said that I was told that I'll be getting an email, which I never did, guess what it wasn't even recorded. I was told that my question and query complaint would be escalated, and that I'd be getting a response by the next day at latest (14.05.24), I did ask if I really would actually get a response, if not do I have to call back? The answer was yes! I  still haven't heard back. Which is absolutely disappointing!! Feel like I have been fobbed off

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Rbegum,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

In the UK, the free 2-year guarantee on Dyson cordless vacuums starts at the date of purchase, and is validated by your original proof of purchase - so your store receipt, or your order confirmation email if you order online. Outside of this 2-year timeframe, spare parts and servicing will become chargeable. 

We aren’t able to influence the terms and conditions of extended warranty services offered by third party retailers - so this is something you’d need to discuss directly with the retailer you purchased from.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been disappointed by your experience so far, and I’ve reached out for some further information. I’ll look forward to hearing from you!