Filter should have been dirty and wasn't v7 | Dyson Community
Solved

Filter should have been dirty and wasn't v7

• 24 February 2024
  • 4 replies

I have cleaned my v7 filter several times, and was overdue for another cleaning. When I took it out and ran it under water nothing happened. The filter was clean and it definitely should not have been. At the same time it stopped charging and there is a blue light only if I dock it and pull the trigger. Then it runs a few seconds and stops while the trigger is still depressed. I changed the battery, thinking that was the issue. Nope. Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Jack 28 February 2024, 16:15

View original

4 replies

@Cathy P How long did you let the filter dry off for? It is possible that the filter had little water left on it which managed to get into the device’s hardware, causing such issues. 

@Cathy P Also, usually when the vacuum cleaner shows a solid blue light and the machine stops working after a few seconds, it means that the device needs charge. Since you mentioned that the device already had been charged prior to use, then there are chances that either the charger has become faulty, or that there isn’t enough voltage being properly transmitted in the wall outlet you’re using to charge your vacuum cleaner.

I should have been clearer. Water couldn’t have been the problem because I used a second clean filter once it started pulsing.

The battery is new. When I put the vacuum in the dock the light stays out. If I pull the trigger and keep it pulled while it is connected, the blue light goes on (indicating that there is current) and the machine runs for a few seconds before it stops, at which point the blue light begins to flash. I can let go of the trigger and repeat the process indefinitely.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @Cathy P,

Thanks for letting us know about this.

From what you’ve described it would be best to speak directly to our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region, as we’ll need to run you through some more detailed diagnostic checks to pointpoint the cause and resolve the issue.

The quickest way to get in touch is to visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a live chat conversation with our Customer Care team. 

We'll look forward to speaking with you and getting this resolved!