Has anyone else had nothing but problems with refurbished products? | Dyson Community
Question

Has anyone else had nothing but problems with refurbished products?

• 9 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I just bought a Dyson refurbished v11 and Pure Cool DP04. The air purifier showed up not working at all. Wouldn’t even turn on. I called and set up a return. They said the product was in stock and they would send me another as soon as they received it. I mailed it the same day. Haven’t gotten a response about that since. (The package was delivered last week back to the factory). Then, 4 days ago, my vacuum canister broke. The inner ring of it was chipped and apparently wasn’t replaced when it was “refurbished”. I called about that and they told me that they would replace it but the canister is sold out and they do not know when it will be back in.  They said I could mail the vacuum back and then when they receive it, they will mail me another one. Which can take up to 3 weeks, which is ridiculous. The fact that they cant send me a replacement before sending it makes no sense. This brings me back to the air purifier. While I was trying to figure out what to do about the vacuum (which is still usable but a pain because I have to put the ring back in every time which is very difficult and takes about 10 minutes EVERY TIME). I asked about the purifier. They said that they had received it, but now the purifier itself is out of stock and they don’t know when it will be back in stock. They never contacted me about this, nor did they contact me when they received it in the first place. I understand that I bought refurbished, but it still cost a lot of money and I expect to at least be able to use the products before they break. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do? Dyson is supposed to be good quality, and their price point shows that. 

2 replies

All my Dysons are refurbished.  A ball corded vacuum, maybe a dozen years old.  Supersonic, corrale, airwrap, dp04 purifier, tp fan, v11 stick vacuum. All work perfectly. 

saved me a lot of money. Very happy customer. 

All my Dysons are refurbished.  A ball corded vacuum, maybe a dozen years old.  Supersonic, corrale, airwrap, dp04 purifier, tp fan, v11 stick vacuum. All work perfectly. 

saved me a lot of money. Very happy customer. 

Agreed. Either wait for them to come back in stock / get a refund and buy a new Dyson product / get a refund and go with a cheaper brand. 👍