How can I obtain an update on a refund status? | Dyson Community
Sticky Solved

How can I obtain an update on a refund status?

• 7 October 2023
  • 9 replies

I returned my Dyson airwrap almost a month ago, and I have not received my refund of $599.  I got an email stating that it was received at the warehouse and my refund will be processed in 7-10 business days.  It’s been over 14 days.  I have never had such a rotten experience with any company, especially not one as well known as Dyson.  Every time I called I get a different answer, I want my money back. 

icon

Best answer by Stuart 17 October 2023, 14:45

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

9 replies

You won’t find an answer here. The mod don’t have access to customer account information and have comment before on their inability to check the status of orders and refunds. You’ll need to speak to speak directly to Dyson. Ask for a supervisor or manager, or WhatsApp for a written reply/update. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Patty

Sorry to hear that the refund processes has exceeded the time set out in the confirmation email.

As the community team have limited through to no access to review customer account information, we’re unfortunately unable to answer questions retaining to order, delivery or status updated. 

I recommend that you continue your conversation directly with the regional team. They’re best placed to help you further, and if needed can look to escalation to the finance department.

To get in touch with Dyson click on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a conversation’.  

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Stuart

Userlevel 1

sorry to say you will be waiting a lot longer!

mine was received back on the 26/9 and nothing yet. apparently they had closed the case without giving a refund so when i finally got through they opened it again but still have heard nothing since. 

i am waiiting on hold now again, so far it has been 1 hour 20 mins.

ABSOLOTUELY SHOCKING.

NEVER EVER WILL BUY THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN

I understand delays but the customer service experience is appalling. I’ve wasted hours on the phone and now on the live chat multiple times. “Don't worry I've escalated” “please wait 72 hours”. They could do this platitudes with a chat bot. I know they are not going to refund the money until they’ve done the monthly or quarterly accounts. They are wasting money on those poor agents and wasting customers time!!

Has anyone gotten their refund??? I’m starting a class action lawsuit against Dyson for not processing refunds. Please contact me if you’d like to join. 

I got mine last week after 9 attempts and insisting the give me a case number I could triage. It took just under 2 months. I wasted hours on this and that's the real problem . If they were upfront from the start and told me to expect a 2 month's delay I would have been fine  with that. As it turns out in that time I bought a shark vaccum and a Ghd hair styler so that's the damage to their brand. I won't do business with them again.

I got mine last week after 9 attempts and insisting the give me a case number I could triage. It took just under 2 months. I wasted hours on this and that's the real problem . If they were upfront from the start and told me to expect a 2 month's delay I would have been fine  with that. As it turns out in that time I bought a shark vaccum and a Ghd hair styler so that's the damage to their brand. I won't do business with them again.

I’ve called every day. Nobody can give me a case number. They just say it’s been escalated and to wait 72 hours….how can they do this????

Hi Charlotte,

I feel your pain. I had a case number so the definitely have the ability to raise them.

The agents can not hang up on you so you just need to play the game.

Provide your details , state the facts and timelines and state that you been through this process multiple times with the exact same scripted responses. Take screen snippets of your conversations or down load the conversation and send it next time. Ultimately it’s not worth the energy they will pay you when the finance department release the cash. 

Well done for getting a result but it shouldn't require that kind of resourcefulness and effort. Think of the older person who may not be tech savvy they would really struggle.