I will never buy a Dyson product again - refund is a joke | Dyson Community
Solved

I will never buy a Dyson product again - refund is a joke

Userlevel 1

I see all the negative feedback from the community regarding a refund, I’m experiencing exactly the same ….and on principle will never buy a Sir Dyson product again.

I’m sure Sir Dyson would be delighted to hear that the company name he has built up is in such poor hands.

I’m looking forward to a personal call back from Sir Dyson to apologies and thank me for flagging this

icon

Best answer by Stuart 3 July 2023, 09:51

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

10 replies

I think you’d be waiting a long time. Dyson won’t call customer, he has a whole business setup to do exactly that. You’re best bet is to speak to a agent and ask to be escalated to a manager. Still, this won’t hasten a refund unless either Dyson have your product or it’s within the banking return window. Anywhere from 5 - 10 business days. Good luck! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @MrDJJones 

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. 

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

Hi @MrDJJones 

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologise for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you. 

If you’re already in contact with our customer service experts, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with them. They’re best placed to help you further, and are empowered to resolve most issues without the need for further escalation. These issues aren't usually something the Dyson Community team can directly help you with. 

Thanks, 

Stuart

I would want an alternate line of communication besides the support team, they obviously can’t handle the job at hand.
I think the real recourse here for anyone not getting a refund is to just start a dispute claim with your credit card company if possible.

I put in a stop payment order with my bank.  When Dyson plays rough, the customer must respond rougher.

I put in a stop payment order with my bank.  When Dyson plays rough, the customer must respond rougher.

Awful awful behaviour from Dyson. Unfortunately it looks like it is just their standard now.

I've been on with them 8 times now. Same exact questions every time, same details supplied. 

“you will be contacted in 24 hours”, then 48 hours , then 72 hours. “Rest assured , I’m so sorry”

Annoying platitudes and time wasting.  Surely it must be cheaper to actually pay the refunds then to stand up support staff to be swamped with angry customers?

Do they just expect people to give up on £400 refunds for sub standard products? 

I'm experiencing the same problem waiting for a refund on a battery that I had the post office send back - refused delivery. I've called several times, chat and email. No luck!  Once I was told that the reason I couldn't see things on my account was that every time I ( or anyone else) calls the representative opens a new account in my name. Dyson is its own enemy by not communicating with it's customers (never got a confirmation email on return of part) and by putting these poor customer service phone people out in front with no information and taking the brunt of peoples anger. Pathetic!  I want my refund now!!!!!!!!

I have been trying to contact someone for a refund for a month. I have been writing mails for a month, I was looking for help on Facebook, Twitter, I called, no one answers, no help!!!! how can you treat a customer like that? I feels disappointed that the buyer is left alone with the problem. I want my money back!!! If I will be known , I wouldn't buy Dyson, but another company that respects customers and is helpful.

I send private messages to Stuart ask for help no answer, send comment here as well nothing!!! I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! Company is a joke !!!or change the staff and management!!!   

Userlevel 1

I strongly recommend anyone having an issue with refunds, and who paid with a credit card, initiate a charge dispute. I have recently done this myself. I my case Dyson’s inept customer support ordered a part for me but to the wrong delivery address. They assured me the order was cancelled but it shipped anyway and my credit card was charged. Hours of my time spent on multiple attempts to get them to refund me got nowhere! One agent, who clearly saw how ridiculous the situation was, admitted I would be better off following up with my credit card company. He had no authority to issue a refund and was getting no response internally to escalate the issue. 
Something is going very wrong with Dyson.