Item lost in Shipping - Never buying Dyson ever again. Customer Service is no help | Dyson Community

Item lost in Shipping - Never buying Dyson ever again. Customer Service is no help

• 18 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Last Sunday (July 9th) I purchased a Dyson V15 Absolute direct from the dyson.com website.  I thought I was getting a pretty good deal despite spending so much on a vacuum cleaner.  Anyway, I received my UPS tracking number that showed delivery on the 14th, but then it was moved to July 13th.  This usually happens since I live in a large city and we get deliveries from the major hub areas relatively quickly.  In fact, the shipment made it to Houston on the 12th fully ready to make it my way the next day.  But that’s the last movement its seen.  It missed the delivery day (Thursday), it missed the original delivery target (Friday), and it’s gone through the weekend with zero movement.  So yesterday I call Dyson asking for assistance.  They tell me they can’t contact the shipper (UPS), and that I would have to.  Doesn’t make sense since when I called UPS they said that the shipper has this locked so no changes can be made.  Whatever, at this point I would rather get a reorder started.  So I asked the person on the phone from Dyson if they can just process a reshipment instead since I don’t think this is coming my way.  She says she has to check with some administrator, but comes back and says that they can do this, will get it started, etc.  Great, looks like I should get what I ordered maybe this week instead of last.  So I check my email this morning and no notice of anything processing/shipping my way.  I decide I will try contacting UPS to find out if they can locate this shipment.  After an hour trying to get through their ridiculous automated system they basically tell me they consider it lost in shipment and I have to open a claim.  So I call Dyson to find out what the issue is why I don’t have any notice of a replacement order yet.  I am told that it could take 48 hours or more before they complete their form (?) or something.  This is getting worse and worse.  So now after being told I have to do all the legwork to deal with UPS (who I wouldn’t have used if given the option), I now have to wait until some paperwork is handled at Dyson.  So I ask if I can just cancel the order entirely.  Sure!  That will be another authorization form (?) and will take 7 - 10 days to complete.  What a god damn joke!  What kind of operation is this?

The kicker is I got an email saying my warranty began on July 15th and it ends next July 15th--FOR A PRODUCT I DON’T EVEN HAVE IN MY HAND!!!

I am never purchasing another Dyson product again.  I will let my friends and family know to never consider Dyson products.  I am currently out over $700.  Well, correction, my credit card company is about be notified that Dyson stole over $700 from me by failing to deliver what was ordered.

Anonymous 9 months ago

Hi there @notacyborg I am sorry to hear about your shipping experience. I would like to take a look into this for you. Can you please send me a direct message here with your order number and also your complete shipping address. 

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

I feel for you. Its the same with every shipping/courier service. Once it leave the warehouse and is set for delivery, there’s nothing the shipper can do to either locate/amended/recall the delivery. It becomes the responsibility of the shipping service. The onus is placed solely on the person expecting the delivery. I think the only time this isn’t true is when Amazon ship, as they own part of their delivery service. Just because this is the way it is, doesn’t mean its right.

Dyson, are practically correct here. They won’t issue a refund until the items been returned or has been declared lost. This is because they can claim money back from the shipping service. otherwise, they’ll be down a product and out of pocked for the expense. They shouldn’t however tell you that a new item is being shipped, when it isn’t. Their customer service is quite poor of late and they should do better with the information they share. 

I love Dyson, more so their products. I’d suggest not letting this put you off. Their cleaners are great. 

Hi there @notacyborg I am sorry to hear about your shipping experience. I would like to take a look into this for you. Can you please send me a direct message here with your order number and also your complete shipping address. 

Userlevel 1

I’ve been ordering online since the mid-90s and have had issues in the past with items not arriving, but never have I ever had the responsibility placed on me, the receiver, to do all this work.  I’ve never had to file a claim as someone receiving an item.  Granted, most of my shipments come from Amazon nowadays, but I’ve had items not arrive where they used FedEx or UPS and they simply refund me or reissue a new item.  In fact, placing the responsibility on the receiver never makes sense.  That’s a terrible customer experience.  Besides, UPS (and FedEx) clearly allows the shipper to make the claim directly.  This was a split shipment so how am I supposed to put the accurate value on the item that was sent?  Dyson knows the value better than I do here.  They have the invoice and all the records that UPS is going to ask for.  They are the ones that need to receive payment back from UPS in this instance anyway.  They have more legitimacy to the claim here than I do.

Plus, I already do own a Dyson vac.  Which is why we went with upgrading to a newer one.  It remains to be seen if it was a mistake or not….