Lack of communication via the contact centre. What to do next? | Dyson Community

Lack of communication via the contact centre. What to do next?

• 9 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Contacted Customer Support on Sat 30th July. Agent took me through their process and connected to my phone to take video of the broken vacuum part. Told an engineer will contact me within 48hrs. 

Tuesday 1st Aug no engineer contact so contacted Customer Support. Different agent who couldn't find any evidence of my Sat call. Went through process again , more video of broken part. This agent gave me a call ref number and upto 48 hrs for engineer contact.

Fri 4th no engineer contact, tried to call but phone message stated unavailable. I tried chat and spoke to agent, different again who found my call ref and apologised for lack of contact. This time he viewed my video and agreed problem looked like part failure so agreed to setup a return and repair at no cost. I received and email with repair ref number and the agent said DPD would collect today Wed 9th, DPD to confirm.

Today Wed 9th nothing from DPD, phone lines still unavailable and chat not working. Tried to contact via Whatsapp, I sent a message at several points during the day and had one response, when I replied they did not answer.

So this is day 12, no contact from Dyson at all so I've no idea what happens next.

Can anyone on this forum help to move this on?!

Thanks for reading this far.

John T

6 replies

Hello @Jtmetalking 

Thanks for letting us know about this. We always challenge ourselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologies for the experience you’ve had so far. I’ll make sure your feedback is shared with the relevant departments for you.  

Our customer service experts are always best place to help in situations like this, and where we'd usually encourage you to continue the conversation with them, on this occasion I feel you’d benefit from another set of eyes on this.

Feel free to drop me a DM with your name, address and serial number. I’ll review your account and see if there’s any additional update I can provide, at the very least see if I can promote a member of the local team to contact you direct to discuss this further.   

Regards,

Userlevel 1

Hi Musfeekah

This morning the UK phone line has a message recorded that to me says there are issues between Dyson and the support company.

All I want is my vacuum fixing for free as agreed with the support team, now 13 days since I first contacted them and now neither phone or chat are working, I try WhatsApp but get no reply to my comments 

Any help appreciated as we are close to putting it in the refuge and going to a different supplier

Thanks 

(Moderation Edit - Sensitive Information Removed) 

Hi @Jtmetalking 

Thanks for your response.

I have sent you a DM regarding your query. 

Thanks,

Today my Dyson , under warranty has gone wrong. I paid premium price for what I thought would be top customer service ? 
Very disappointed. Should I have bought a 🦈 instead ? 

Userlevel 5

Today my Dyson , under warranty has gone wrong. I paid premium price for what I thought would be top customer service ? 
Very disappointed. Should I have bought a 🦈 instead ? 

It’s only their phone line which is down, there’s other methods of contacting Dyson. It won’t be forever, just bear with them. 

Can’t get service for delivery, can’t get service for repair . . . it just repeats.